Senior Technical Writer
What you'll do
A Technical Writer at Ivanti is responsible for writing technical documentation for software. You’d be expected to learn about our software, its capabilities and architecture, and dive deeper into creating, editing, and reviewing technical documentation for end users. As a Technical Writer, your ability to analyze complex information is unbeatable and it’s natural for you to help people understand difficult concepts. This is the kind of job enjoyed by those who like to get into the details of things and write.
The fundamentals for the job
- Design and author help systems, user guides, and videos about Ivanti software, using tools like Madcap Flare and TechSmith Camtasia.
- Interview subject matter experts to gather information and ensure accuracy and clarity.
- Organize and author your content in ways that help your readers understand it.
- Validate and standardize existing content and look for ways to continuously improve it.
- Collaborate with a stellar localization team to produce content for Ivanti’s worldwide audiences.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Support, Marketing, Sales, and Training to provide a timely user experience that helps our customers.
What you're made of
The bold requirements
- A solid communicator who writes clearly and concisely in a non-robotic manner. You’ve got a masterful command and a deep understanding of the English language, grammar, and punctuation.
- A tech-savvy person who loves exploring new tools and solutions and using them to help people.
- A customer-focused advocate who empathizes with customer issues, needs, and emotions.
- An independent employee who can work with minimal supervision and prioritize deadlines and deliverables.
- A reliable teammate who enjoys collaborating and welcomes the views and contributions of others.
- A creative problem solver with the knack for finding innovative approaches to stubborn, seemingly impossible content issues.
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field or English.
That something extra we´d love to see
- 5+ years of technical writing experience in SaaS environment.
- Familiarity with Madcap Flare or other XML editors.
- Good design sense and/or experience with CSS.
- Experience with Camtasia or video creation.
- Experience with facilitating localization and working with translated content.
- Understanding of software development.