Revenue Accounting Manager - ASC 606
Ivanti has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Revenue Accounting Manager to join our Finance organization reporting to the Manager, Revenue Accounting. As a member of this team, you will be required to have a strong background and understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, and in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition guidance, including ASC 606. You will be joining a team of experienced, motivated, creative, self-sufficient, and high energy performers who are responsible for global revenue recognition and accounting, contract review, advising the business on revenue contracts and other responsibilities as assigned. This position will build strong partnerships with sales, sales operations, sales deal desk, legal and cross functional finance teams including FP&A, general ledger, and tax.
In this role, you will:
- Provide revenue recognition guidance based on authoritative literature and company policies.
- Stay current with respect to company’s Revenue Recognition policy, ASC-606 “Revenue from Contracts with Customers” and USA Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Review sales orders, invoices, and revenue contracts for completeness, accuracy, and proper revenue accounting treatment including multiple Performance Obligations (POB) arrangements.
- Prepare technical accounting checklists, and/or memos that analyze and conclude on revenue issues on large customer contracts as required utilizing Klarity Law.
- Review Staff technical accounting checklists and/or memos.
- Document and account for new sales contracts and renewal business in accordance with US GAAP under ASC 606 and company policy.
- Assist with implementation of Revenue Management System SAP Revenue Accounting and Reporting “RAR”.
- Support the Aptitude “RevStream” (aka “AREV”) monthly close process & enhancements.
- Manage monthly close Journal Entries, Balance Sheet reconciliations, and other monthly close related tasks as assigned.
- Work cross functionally to support the accounting team in special projects and initiatives
- Support the revenue leadership team in developing best practices in go forward accounting systems, processes, and procedures.
- Review and approve staff Journal Entries, Reconciliations, Analysis and Reports
- Reconcile & Report financial data as required.
- Build and manage strong business partnerships with key cross functional teams including finance, legal, sales, IT, ePMO and operations leaders.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 by maintaining required documentation and supporting the development and maintenance of internal controls.
- Assist in special finance and accounting projects.
FOR THIS ROLE, WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 6-10 years of accounting, including prior experience with Revenue Recognition and Accounting.
- Preferred experience in public or private companies headquartered in the USA
- Prior experience in Deal Review and Accounting under US GAAP & ASC-606.
- Public Accounting experience auditing technology companies and/or ASC 606 strongly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter that works independently
- Team Player, with a positive attitude and strong analytical skills.
- Prior Management Experience
- Flexible, creative problem-solving skills and desire to grow within the role and department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent.
- CPA or equivalent desired but not required.
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP, revenue accounting and reporting
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills).
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to learn new systems.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with power query, SQL, PowerBI, DOMMO, or other data management tools a plus.
- Experience with SFDC, SAP S4-HANA ERP (OM, AR, GL, RAR, Reporting, etc.) and/or Aptitude RevStream (aka “AREV”) a plus.