Technical Solutions Engineer - Linux, Virtualisation, Networking
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions - helping organizations reduce risks and costs associated with managing their IT environment.
The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work, as well as many accolades for the products it develops.
If you’re passionate about what you do, are a champion of customer satisfaction and success, and interested in developing solutions that make a difference and in having fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you! Join our Team!
The Technical Solutions Engineer provides technical support to our customers and re-sellers, answering complex questions on function and usage of the products via the telephone and/or Internet. This position is a primary support liaison between our company and our customers providing quality technical support. Technical Support Engineers have excellent communication skills and look to support their colleagues and peers throughout the organization. They have an eagerness to learn and take on new challenges while thinking about how they could improve the customer experience. As a Technical Engineer, you are expected to proactively assist the team in driving key initiatives and ensuring the long-term success of our customers and the company. You may be required to represent the team in many other functional areas within the company. TSE’s are held accountable for case quality, customer service quality, and metrics as defined and communicated by the business. The support team is staffed 24x7 and position could require changes in hours based on business needs.
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, You will,
The individual we're seeking should have a very strong technical background and be very keen in troubleshooting issues. Normal operations require managing critical issues, regularly communicating with customers, training on product features and providing on call support. Ability to reproduce customer environments in order to root cause issues will be key. The engineer will be part of an inbound call queue receiving and answering questions for direct customers and partners.
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a role supporting enterprise IT, or equivalent experience
- Expert troubleshooting and reasoning skills
- Hands on experience managing Linux/Unix systems - LAMP Servers
- Hands on experience on networking/Virtualisation.
- Enterprise support experience in iOS/Android related issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience working on critical system down issues and escalations
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrate experience troubleshooting - DNS, IP Networking, Firewall, SMTP, HTTPS, Load Balancers, Email
- Microsoft Server Technologies (Exchange ActiveSync, Active Directory, ISA/TMG, NDES, KDC)
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) - Apple iOS & Android
- Knowledge on Cloud (Aws/Azure/Google Cloud) is plus
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or Equivalent
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) - Exchange or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of administering LDAP servers
- Database Experience - SQL Queries
- VMware Certified Professional or Equivalent
- Public Key Encryption Infrastructure / SCEP