Senior Sales Engineer
Join our team!
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions, and is experiencing significant growth worldwide. The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work. With open positions around the globe, it is an exciting time to join Ivanti
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs and provide solutions? Do you have excellent technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience?
The Principal Sales Engineer – UEM will be responsible for market success for the Enterprise team. You will be responsible for communicating the UEM value proposition to enterprise prospects. You will develop a strong partnership with your designated Sales Specialists to provide a comprehensive and compelling message to executive and technology leaders across all industries within the region.
You will be leading interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analyzing customers’ current technology and architecture, operational and business needs. Owning deep-dive technical discussion, and then developing a tailor-made presentation.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work directly with designated sales representatives to help them create solutions focused on UEM (Unified Endpoint Management) and how they deliver value to customers' IT management and operational challenges.
- Oversee and participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos and highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers and new sales opportunities that showcase our UEM solutions
- Be the direct conduit translating customer challenges into technical solutions, positioning Ivanti to solve those challenges.
- Function as a technical expert throughout sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales and POV process line up with strategic account goals.
- Partner with sales to ensure maximum technical effectiveness and consistent customer experience throughout the POV process.
- Consistently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with the customer, in addition to relationships with peers and partners.
- Participate and speak at marketing events and conferences.
- Staying current on the UEM market and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Become a trusted advisor to our community of customers.
- Travel expected to be 25 to 50% to engage with customers and prospects in person (dependent on current business environment).
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5 -7 years’ sales experience within the Enterprise Software (preferably SaaS) or related high technology in customer-facing or customer support positions.
- Software pre-sales or related value-based influential technical-selling expertise with IT Management tools and processes.
- Experience presenting at multiple level, from C-Suite to Solution users.
- Experience taking ownership of complex projects and producing successful outcomes.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to win in the market against stiff competition.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms via written and oral media.
- Ability to forge strong business relationships and connect with both C-level execs at customers as well as with individuals with Ivanti’s internal and external eco-system
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer or equivalent experience.
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.