Senior Systems Administrator
Who We Are:
In today’s work environment, employees use a myriad of devices to access IT applications and data over multiple networks to stay productive, wherever and however they work. Ivanti elevates and secures Everywhere Work so that people and organizations can thrive.
While our headquarters is in the U.S., half of our employees and customers are outside the country. We have 36 offices in 23 nations, with significant offices in London, Frankfurt, Paris, Sydney, Shanghai, Singapore, and other major cities around the world.
Ivanti’s mission is to be a global technology leader enabling organizations to elevate Everywhere Work, automating tasks that discover, manage, secure, and service all their IT assets. Through diverse and inclusive hiring, decision-making, and commitment to our employees and partners, we will continue to build and deliver world-class solutions for our customers.
Our Culture - Everywhere Work Centered Around You
At Ivanti, our success begins with our people. This is why we embrace Everywhere Work across the globe, where Ivantians and our customers are thriving. We believe in a healthy work-life blend and act on it by fostering a culture where all perspectives are heard, respected, and valued. Through Ivanti’s Centered Around You approach, our employees benefit from programs focused on their professional development and career growth.
We align through our core values by locking arms in collaboration, being champions for our customers, focusing on the outcomes that matter most and fighting the good fight against cyber-attacks. Are you ready to join us on the journey to elevate Everywhere Work?
Why We Need you!
The Senior Systems Administrator will perform the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of corporate/DevOps IT cloud and on-prem infrastructure. Work to design and implement complex systems and applications, and additionally work to maintain and support standard applications and devices within corporate/DevOps network as well as multiple hosting environments. Migrate on-prem systems, VMs and data to cloud applications and platforms. Migrate systems from various platforms to Azure, M365 and VMware environments. Provide technical support and troubleshoot problems on corporate/DevOps IT systems.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Deploy, configure and troubleshoot physical and virtual servers in the regional datacenter(s) or local/remote sites.
- Administrate MS Active Directory, M365 enterprise environments and Azure AD
- Build, administer and troubleshoot VMs, APIs, SAML configurations in Azure.
- Maintain and manage Windows Server 2012 and up domain environments along with Linux based servers such as Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Configure TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and SSL for use in server administration and security.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot VMware vSphere and vCloud environments.
- Recover failed physical and virtual servers in the event of a catastrophic failure, experience with DR and backup solutions.
- Monitor, tune, and perform trend analysis, and performance optimization of SAN and NAS storage systems.
- Document all IT operations issues and practices using ITIL practices.
- Participate in an after-hours when necessary for outages, migrations, and new deployments.
To Be Successful in The Role, You Will Have:
- 4 Year degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong analytical, process-oriented, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technology
- Strong ITIL practices in IT systems administration
- Experience with DevOps applications and systems
- Relevant Microsoft certification is desired
- Experience with VMware and other hypervisors
- Experience with system platform migrations is a major plus
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you require special assistance for the best interview experience, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.