Manager, Engineering - C++, Linux
Join our team
Looking for more than just a job? We like developing our people just as much as we like developing great products.
Ivanti is a global leader in IT systems and security management, service management, asset management, and mobility management solutions, and is experiencing significant growth worldwide. The company has received numerous awards for being a Top Place to Work. With open positions around the globe, it's an exciting time to join Ivanti! Competitive salary and benefits and flexible hours. Ivanti is a great place to work.
If you’re passionate about what you do and are interested in developing solutions that make a difference and in having fun while doing it, Ivanti is the place for you!
What We Do
- Empower users to seamlessly and securely connect from any place in the world that offers air, water and… Internet
- Equip organizations with the right tools to configure access, manage and enforce compliance with a holistic view on network, users and usage.
- Empower organizations to continue to breathe easy, now with an added sense of invincibility.
- Work hard so that you can focus on the things you want to!
Position Summary: The Software Development Manager will lead the software development team in planning and make strategy for multiple product releases and deliverables. The manager will be responsible for managing these projects, making detailed plans to accomplish development goals, apply appropriate resources, and manage the people along with cross function stakeholders on the development team. This position will directly report to the Director of Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future
- Creates detailed development plans, prioritizes work assignments and assigns projects based on available resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team’s applications and services.
- Ensure that you maximize the productivity of your team, especially by predicting and resolving obstacles and dependencies before they’re needed
- Contributing to talent hiring, people skill development, setting objectives and goals
- Constantly think scale, think automation. Measure everything. Optimize proactively.
- Be a tech thought leader. Add passion and vibrance to the team. Push the envelope.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 12+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of managing multi-disciplinary team of developers.
- Strong understanding of C++, programming language and Linux operating Systems knowledge.
Cross-Platform Patch SDK
A Modern and Cross Platform, Patching Solution written in C/C++ that supports scanning and remediating patches across Mac and Linux platforms. It's delivered as an SDK to internal and external partners. This product is in both Ivanti Neurons and Ivanti Security Controls, and is currently used to patch Mac (Neurons only) and Linux machines globally.
- C++ 14
- Azure Pipelines
- Automated Testing
- Visual Studio Code
- Strong project estimation & planning skills with experience of driving projects end-to-end.
- Experience on Agile development with continuous integration, delivery and deployment of SaaS services (CI/CD)
- Strong understanding of data Ingestion technologies, processing, persistent storage to build data lake to service both batch and near real-time applications.
- Data engineering experience with open source big data technologies and platforms
- Attention to detail with self-discipline, strong ownership and accountability and drive for results.
- Ability to lead and influence team members to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both orally and written