Senior Sales Engineer - Security Solutions
Who We Are:
In today’s work environment, employees use a myriad of devices to access IT applications and data over multiple networks to stay productive, wherever, and however they work. Ivanti elevates and secures Everywhere Work so that people and organisations can thrive.
While our headquarters is in the U.S., half of our employees and customers are outside the country. We have 36 offices in 23 nations, with significant offices in London, Frankfurt, Paris, Sydney, Shanghai, Singapore, and other major cities around the world.
Ivanti’s mission is to be a global technology leader enabling organizations to elevate Everywhere Work, automating tasks that discover, manage, secure, and service all their IT assets. Through diverse and inclusive hiring, decision-making, and commitment to our employees and partners, we will continue to build and deliver world-class solutions for our customers.
Our Culture - Everywhere Work Centred Around You
At Ivanti, our success begins with our people. This is why we embrace Everywhere Work across the globe, where Ivantians and our customers are thriving. We believe in a healthy work-life blend and act on it by fostering a culture where all perspectives are heard, respected, and valued. Through Ivanti’s Centred Around You approach, our employees benefit from programs focused on their professional development and career growth.
We align through our core values by locking arms in collaboration, being champions for our customers, focusing on the outcomes that matter most and fighting the good fight against cyber-attacks. Are you ready to join us on the journey to elevate Everywhere Work?
We are expanding our Sales Engineering team and are looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to work across our network security solutions. For this specific role you should bring existing experience in the technical selling of Secure Access Solutions (VPN, NAC, ZTNA) and an awareness of the wider Ivanti portfolio and global security software market.
- Collaborate closely with Account managers from the sales teams to identify and drive projects towards successful closing. The focus is on technical closure.
- Single point of contact for involved technical and business stakeholders from customer/partner side with focus on secure access solutions.
- Responsible for driving both business and technical conversations, addressed by our products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.
- Drive Ivanti value via partners, directly with customers, expanding and growing our portfolio in strategic partners and distributors.
- Lead and collaborate with peers and join a dynamic SE organisation representing primarily UK+I but also supporting our wider EMEA regions
- Engage and influence product management to help guide the direction of our network security solutions
Customer facing Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing and attending Customer meetings (primarily remote but onsite meetings may be required) and tailoring communication to address business needs of potential clients as part of the pre-sales process
- Scoping and analysis of requirements
- Being able to quickly understand the customer needs in the areas of Secure and Zero Trust Access
- Deliver effective product demonstrations and if necessary tailored for individual requirements
- Preparing, conducting and summarizing technical Proof-of-Concept (PoC) or pilot installations of our solutions
- Assist in preparing and answering RFIs/RFPs
- Prepare and assist at public events like trade shows, partner events, roadshows, user-group meetings, including the ability to act as a speaker in front of a larger audience
- Being an architectural and technical representative of our software solutions, able to communicate complex IT dependencies in simplifying, clear words. On a management level and a subject matter expert level. Be a trusted advisor.
- Drive enablement of the Ivanti UK+I region and wider EMEA presales team’s. Help build value propositions together with the partner ECO System and coordinate their training needs to enable them to consume and sell Ivanti solutions
- Drive or contribute on regular SE community update meetings and develop relationships within the strategic players in the SE community
- Involve other specialists wherever necessary to successfully drive pre-sales projects, including Support Engineers, Product Management or Development as well as a later project-handover to Professional Services/channel partners
- Liaison with Product Managers and Development to understand details of vision, roadmap and product design and communicate information back to customers and the sales organization
- Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management, Marketing and Development regarding products including coordinating gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands
- Responsible for staying current on competitive analysis and understanding differentiators between Ivanti and its competitors
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Secure Access Solution and Zero Trust Access areas
- Ideally, you have 5 years plus experience technically selling with NAC and/or VPN technologies
- Business fluent English language
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to large and diverse audiences
- Ability to create structured written documents to assist potential customers in their decision making or onboarding process
- Team player with the ability to act as the focal point in identifying gaps and pulling in any other necessary resources to own and successfully drive customer engagements
What we’re looking for in you
The ideal candidate will have strong customer interaction skills enabling you to build credibility and trust throughout complex sales cycles. You’ll need to be well organized, self-motivated, focused on results and willing to learn.
At Ivanti, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ivanti believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.