Junior Database Administrator
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2023
Mediaocean is the mission-critical platform for omnichannel advertising. With more than $200 billion in annualized media spend managed through its software, Mediaocean connects brands, agencies, media, technology, and data. Using AI and machine learning technology to control marketing investments and optimize business outcomes, Mediaocean powers campaigns from planning, buying, ad serving, and creative personalization to analysis, optimization, invoices, and payments. Mediaocean employs 1,500 staff across 30 global offices and supports over 100,000 people using its products.
Mediaocean was recently named #1 ad tech company in AdAge Best Places to Work. Visit www.mediaocean.com to learn more, or check us out on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, or Twitter.
As a Junior Database Adminstrator, you will work on our Platform Services team to help oversee and strengthen database operations. You will be reposible for assisting with the creation and maintenance of computerized databases. Quality control and auditing of databases will also be necessary to ensure the accurate use of data.
You’ll get to work in an agile environment that is collaborative and rewarding. If you are smart, responsible, and can work well with others, you will flourish here at Mediaocean! We’re always looking to improve so if you have ideas, you will be heard.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with DBA and the Operations team
- Ensure the availability and performance of all databases
- Installation, maintenance, backup and recovery of databases
- Performance tuning of queries, indexes, procedures and functions
- Make recommendations regarding enhancements and improvements to database operations
- Upkeep and maintain documentation
- Monitoring of all databases
- Support environments remotely for on-call
- Assist the Operations team with ongoing tasks
Who You Are
- Experience with relational databases such as MariaDB, MySQL and SQL
- Familiarity with monitoring tools and how to apply them to database environments
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Unix shell scripting or other languages and the ability to automate tasks
- Knowledge of standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Beneficial to have experience with MySQL proxy tools such as ProxySQL or MariaDB MaxScale
- Willingness to learn ETL tools, data transfer and data warehouses such as Snowflake and Vertica
- Experience with MySQL backup and monitoring tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We would hate to miss out on your application because you do not meet every requirement – transferrable skills and education will also be considered, so please do not hesitate to apply!
Mediaocean recognizes our true strength and value shine when all our team members feel there is space in the conversation for their voices, thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and concerns. Mediaocean is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're an existing Mediaocean employee and would like to submit a referral, click here.