Sr. Client Activation Executive /Manager- JAPAC
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2023
Mediaocean is the mission-critical platform for omnichannel advertising. With more than $200 billion in annualized media spend managed through its software, Mediaocean connects brands, agencies, media, technology, and data. Using AI and machine learning technology to control marketing investments and optimize business outcomes, Mediaocean powers campaigns from planning, buying, ad serving, and creative personalization to analysis, optimization, invoices, and payments. Mediaocean employs 1,500 staff across 30 global offices and supports over 100,000 people using its products.
Mediaocean was recently named #1 ad tech company in AdAge Best Places to Work. Visit www.mediaocean.com to learn more, or check us out on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, or Twitter.
The Senior Client Services Manager role combines the importance of campaign management, technical product understanding, and client leadership, with a natural ability to spot opportunities that will drive the growth and longevity of our client partnerships.
It requires excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage the full life cycle of digital advertising campaigns and satisfy the demands of multiple stakeholders (media agency, creative agency, brand, and publisher) often to tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate is energetic, and a friendly team player who can easily prioritise and multitask in our fast-paced environment, with a cool head and solutions-focused approach. The candidate is professional, polished, and well-spoken, and his/her superior communication and networking skills are essential in developing and growing relationships with a wide range of qualified partners.
A curious mind, excellent communication skills, an eye for detail, along with an aptitude for new technologies and commercial acumen will place you in good stead for this role.
What You Will Do
- Continually developing and maintaining existing partnership relationships
- Collaborating with management to ensure all partners (new and existing) are being appropriately focused on and service levels achieved
- Providing expert advice and working with specialist colleagues within Flashtalking to ensure the best implementation strategies to achieve the required goals with feasible technical and operational solutions
- Taking a pro-active lead in understanding potential problem areas, alerting, and escalating via the appropriate internal channels and stakeholders, ensuring they are avoided or resolved
- Owning onboarding of new clients, leading client communications, producing custom onboarding documentation and support across the range of our services, leading client training and internal and external stakeholder management
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders (Commercial Team, Technical and Creative Services) to ensure successful execution of client strategies
- Responsibility for campaigns throughout their life cycle, ensuring they run flawlessly and deliver the necessary reporting data via Flashtalking’s advanced data analytics tools and APIs
- End to end campaign management from timeline management, campaign setup, delivery of ad files / Flashtalking ad tags through to troubleshooting and reporting
- Liaising regularly with internal teams as well as Creative Agencies, Media Buyers, Publishers and Media Owners to ensure smooth delivery of all aspects of the campaign
- Troubleshooting creative, site tagging, and tracking issues that may arise throughout the process
- Identifying new process efficiencies and continuous ways to improve operations workflow
- Build and advise on customised approaches for clients
- Implementing best practices, creating materials and knowledge banks
- Hosting and guiding creative messaging strategy sessions with advertisers, media agencies, and creative agencies developing bespoke digital marketing strategies utilising Flashtalking’s proprietary Decision Tree technology
- Build out comprehensive Decision Trees (delivery rules) per client strategy
- Commercial management
- Provide monthly reports to the internal finance team, work with clients or sales managers to actualise billing when applicable
- Signing off new campaign approvals and IOs and processing billings
- Attend/Lead new client kick-offs, office hours, and new business pitches
- Providing regular SME updates on the specialist product areas, educating the regional team on relevant news and updates
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of training materials on Flashtalking systems and processes, including materials for new product innovations and beta tests working with product team specialists
Who You Are:
- Enthusiastic about technology and start-up environment
- An awareness and understanding of digital advertising technology, the full trafficking process, and the digital media landscape are vital
- Knowledge of training clients on ad serving tools and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively across all teams and drive projects forward
- Ability to listen and understand clients’ needs is vital to be able to cross-sell and up-sell products
- Highly autonomous, self-directed, and comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment
- An understanding of the full digital landscape from display, (rich media, video, dynamic, standard, mobile, mobile apps) PPC, SEO, and affiliates including tracking and data analytics
- An absolute understanding of how ad server technology sits within the digital eco-system
- A comprehensive understanding of MSOffice (especially Excel) and Internet technologies
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- An analytical mind capable of learning quickly and adaptive to change
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Client facing experience with the ability to identify risks and effectively manage issues
- Understanding of interactive media
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong desire to contribute to a team
- Proven customer service experience, with excellent communication skills both internally and externally.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Effective time management, planning, and prioritisation skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in being able to take on new campaigns and advertisers with little notice or training
- Proven experience as a positive and helpful team member who actively contributes towards their team’s common goals.
- Familiarity with web inspection tools, such as Fiddler, Charles or Ghostery
- Demonstrated ability with HTML and other forms of technical code would also be a bonus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Employee assistance program – flexible working options to choose from: Full-time office / hybrid (office/home split) / full remote working
- Summer Fridays (during daylight saving period)
- Stocked office panty and fridge
- Regular office hours drinks/bar
- Regular team bonding activities
- International mentorship program
- International buddy program – assigned during onboarding
- Thorough onboarding plan and training
- LinkedIn learning subscription
- Headspace Meditation App
We would hate to miss out on your application because you do not meet every requirement – transferrable skills and education will also be considered, so please do not hesitate to apply!
Mediaocean recognizes our true strength and value shine when all our team members feel there is space in the conversation for their voices, thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and concerns. Mediaocean is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're an existing Mediaocean employee and would like to submit a referral, click here.