Customer Success Specialist
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Mediaocean is the mission-critical platform for omnichannel advertising. With more than $200 billion in annualized media spend managed through its software, Mediaocean connects brands, agencies, media, technology, and data. Using AI and machine learning technology to control marketing investments and optimize business outcomes, Mediaocean powers campaigns from planning, buying, ad serving, and creative personalization to analysis, optimization, invoices, and payments. Mediaocean employs 1,500 staff across 30 global offices and supports over 100,000 people using its products.
Mediaocean was recently named #1 ad tech company in AdAge Best Places to Work. Visit www.mediaocean.com to learn more, or check us out on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, or Twitter.
What You Will Do:
The Customer Success Specialist drives client adoption and efficiency by ensuring our clients understand the value of their Mediaocean software solutions and identifying additional value-creation opportunities. The Customer Success Specialist will develop strong end user relationships, functioning as platform ambassadors/advocates, with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support Customer Success Managers/Directors by providing expertise and guidance on features and functionality for specific product areas
- Contribute to account planning by identifying opportunities for increased user adoption and determining a targeted end-user adoption strategy
- Identify, document and share best practices to improve the overall customer experience and enhance customer understanding of the value of Mediaocean software solutions
- Assist with workflow questions and complex issue resolution
- Assist Customer Success Managers/Directors in recognizing cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Document and track feature requests, including detailed requirements and needs analysis
- Work interdepartmentally on product roadmap recommendations and alternative workflow solutions
- Communicate frequently and effectively with Mediaocean team members regarding customer activities, including product feedback identify customer adoption risks and demonstrate a proactive, solution-based approach to mitigate usage issues
- Prioritize and schedule work activities to ensure established targets are achieved or exceeded; complete timely reporting post customer meetings, communicate action items and follow through on outcomes to customer and Mediaocean stakeholder
- Develop power user relationships within the customer base in order to drive uptake in feature adoption
- Provide guidance as a workflow consultant to the CSM/CSD to drive adoption and customer satisfaction for specific product areas
- Provide guidance in change management and advise customers on defining best practices for better product adoption
Who You Are:
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer-facing role
- Media Buying experience a plus
- Exceptional customer advocacy skills with a strong ability to negotiate and manage expectations
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally to provide key insights and contribute to product improvements
- Excellent attention to detail; proven research and analytical skills; demonstrated consistency in follow-up and deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites as needed
- Sense of energy, pride and ownership in your performance
- Prior experience with agency/marketer systems or related software/applications
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint; Salesforce, Zendesk, Jira, Smartsheet a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, advertising, business, information technology or a related field a plus
- Competitive total compensation, including 401(K) employer match and financial wellness seminars
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plan – Keep your family (or just yourself!) safe and healthy
- Flexible time off – In addition to our 14 company holidays, we provide open PTO to all U.S.- based Mediaocean employees. So take a sick day, vacation day, or mental health day
- Bonding Leave – After six months of employment at Mediaocean, mothers and fathers, including same-sex parents, can take job-protected, paid time off to bond with their child within the first 12 months of the child’s birth or adoption
- Insurance, Pet Insurance, employer matched Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Professional development – Personalized development plan created with your manager, continuous internal and external trainings, official company-wide mentorship program, professional development rewards program, management, leadership, and function-specific training for top performance, education reimbursement
- Get rewarded for demonstrating Mediaocean values
- Active affinity-based groups – Form connections with similar peers in offices around the world. Groups include: Women at MO, Black Employees at Mediaocean (BEMO), Pride at MO, Mi gente (Hispanic/Latinx community), AAPI at MO, Parents at MO, International Enrichment, Language Lovers, Books & Beyond, DEI in Engineering, and Mental Health & Wellness, and Caregivers United
- Wellness opportunities – Free virtual yoga and abs and glutes classes, company-paid Headspace meditation app membership, company-wide steps challenges, complimentary snacks in-office
- Bikeshare program in select offices, (Divvy and CitiBike for Chicago and New York offices)
- All of these benefits/perks are effective on the date of hire
We would hate to miss out on your application because you do not meet every requirement – transferrable skills and education will also be considered, so please do not hesitate to apply!
Mediaocean recognizes our true strength and value shine when all our team members feel there is space in the conversation for their voices, thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and concerns. Mediaocean is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're an existing Mediaocean employee and would like to submit a referral, click here.