Billing and Credit Controller (Entry Level)
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Mediaocean is the mission-critical platform for omnichannel advertising. With more than $200 billion in annualized media spend managed through its software, Mediaocean connects brands, agencies, media, technology, and data. Using AI and machine learning technology to control marketing investments and optimize business outcomes, Mediaocean powers campaigns from planning, buying, ad serving, and creative personalization to analysis, optimization, invoices, and payments. Mediaocean employs 1,500 staff across 30 global offices and supports over 100,000 people using its products.
Mediaocean was recently named #1 ad tech company in AdAge Best Places to Work. Visit www.mediaocean.com to learn more, or check us out on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, or Twitter.
What You Will Do:
The Billing and Credit Controller will support the day-to-day operations of the AR function, as well as month-end processes to ensure accuracy, completeness and adherence to deadlines. Reporting into the Billings and Collections Manager EMEA and working with the wider Accounting function, Sales, Client success and campaign management teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Recording and reconciling payment receipts from our clients on the accounting software
- Raising client invoices in line with contracts on the billing platform
- Working with Billing and collections manager to ensure revenue is recognised in line with IFRS 15 and to support on month end/quarterly reporting
- Building strong relationships both internally and externally to allow efficient query resolution
- Ensure invoices and statements are sent to clients in a timely manner to support networking capital which is monitored by management
- Chasing clients for status updates and payments to maintain strong cashflow position
- Working closely with the Campaign management and Client success teams to ensure billings are true and accurate, whilst meeting month end deadlines
- Support the team meet departmental goals, such as reducing provisions and cashflow targets
- Support with Audit queries when required
- Support the Finance function where needed
Who You Are:
- A passion for finance and accounting
- Strong communication skills
- Good excel skills
- Proactive approach and ability to problem solve
- High attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize workload with good organizational skills and a flexible approach
- Challenging the status quo and looking for improvements
- Flexible Working (Hybrid)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Health Insurance
- Pensions Scheme & Life Insurance
- Budget for professional development costs
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Professional development opportunities within our Learning & Development programs
- Belong@Mediaocean affinity based groups of colleagues to create community
- All of these benefits/perks are effective on the date of hire
We would hate to miss out on your application because you do not meet every requirement – transferrable skills and education will also be considered, so please do not hesitate to apply!
Mediaocean recognizes our true strength and value shine when all our team members feel there is space in the conversation for their voices, thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and concerns. Mediaocean is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're an existing Mediaocean employee and would like to submit a referral, click here.