Feeds & Automation Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Tuesday, October 17, 2023
Mediaocean is the mission-critical platform for omnichannel advertising. With more than $200 billion in annualized media spend managed through its software, Mediaocean connects brands, agencies, media, technology, and data. Using AI and machine learning technology to control marketing investments and optimize business outcomes, Mediaocean powers campaigns from planning, buying, ad serving, and creative personalization to analysis, optimization, invoices, and payments. Mediaocean employs 1,500 staff across 30 global offices and supports over 100,000 people using its products.
Mediaocean was recently named #1 ad tech company in AdAge Best Places to Work. Visit www.mediaocean.com to learn more, or check us out on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Facebook, or Twitter.
What You Will Do:
Feeds developers create custom processes that ingest and optimize data for dynamic ads within the Flashtalking platform. Developers will use predefined workflows and tools to work within and build custom process. Most often Feeds developers are working with product catalog data that is structured in the google merchant feed format. Product catalogs contains all of the information a retail has on their products, productIDs, images, product click through, prices, size, color, etc.
In this position you will interact with the US Feeds team who will determine technical requirements, outline data transformations, and description the campaign strategies. All of this information will be communicated through Jira tickets, emails, slacks, and phone conversations (if necessary). You will need to work within the predefine set of tools to meet the described requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Translate written Jira requirements into ETL processes
- Create product catalogs by synthesizing multiple data sets and performing data transforms
- Use FTPs, PHP on AWS EC2 instances, Mongo, and Power Feeds (Flashtalking proprietary platform) to load and manipulate product data
- Use Flashtalking developed tools to create CRON Jobs and run scheduled ETL process
- Learn product functionality of Power Feeds and understand it’s technical advantages and limitations
- Use error monitoring tools to ensure that any ETL processing errors are caught and flagged to the larger team
- Follow best practices that have been outlined by the Feeds team
- Document and call out issues within the data or Jira requirements
Who You Are:
- PHP (“raw” PHP knowledge is more desirable than experience only in website building and development libraries)
- Experience ETL processing with XML, JSON, and delimited files
- Deep understanding of RESTful protocols
- Understanding of various caching schemas
- AWS / Cloud experience, specifically with DynamoDB and S3
- Understanding of how CDNs work
- Can effectively communicate in English
- Competitive total compensation, including 401(K) employer match and financial wellness seminars
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plan – Keep your family (or just yourself!) safe and healthy
- Flexible time off – In addition to our 14 company holidays, we provide open PTO to all U.S.- based Mediaocean employees. So take a sick day, vacation day, or mental health day
- Bonding Leave – After six months of employment at Mediaocean, mothers and fathers, including same-sex parents, can take job-protected, paid time off to bond with their child within the first 12 months of the child’s birth or adoption
- Insurance, Pet Insurance, employer matched Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Professional development – Personalized development plan created with your manager, continuous internal and external trainings, official company-wide mentorship program, professional development rewards program, management, leadership, and function-specific training for top performance, education reimbursement
- Get rewarded for demonstrating Mediaocean values
- Active affinity-based groups – Form connections with similar peers in offices around the world. Groups include: Women at MO, Black Employees at Mediaocean (BEMO), Pride at MO, Mi gente (Hispanic/Latinx community), AAPI at MO, Parents at MO, International Enrichment, Language Lovers, Books & Beyond, DEI in Engineering, and Mental Health & Wellness, and Caregivers United
- Wellness opportunities – Free virtual yoga and abs and glutes classes, company-paid Headspace meditation app membership, company-wide steps challenges, complimentary snacks in-office
- Bikeshare program in select offices, (Divvy and CitiBike for Chicago and New York offices)
- All of these benefits/perks are effective on the date of hire
We would hate to miss out on your application because you do not meet every requirement – transferrable skills and education will also be considered, so please do not hesitate to apply!
Mediaocean recognizes our true strength and value shine when all our team members feel there is space in the conversation for their voices, thoughts, ideas, perspectives, and concerns. Mediaocean is committed to being an equal opportunity employer, and we consider all applicants regardless of their age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you're an existing Mediaocean employee and would like to submit a referral, click here.