Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
MRI Software looking for an experienced and skilled candidate to join our team as a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. As a QA Engineer you will be be responsible to assess software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and manual test scripts. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them and see that they are dealt with.
- Manually test and log issues in various configurations on different databases and platforms of the product (primarily Black-box testing) for which there isn't yet any test automation.
- Responsible for diagnosing minor to complex software issues.
- Re-create defects and identify problem areas to be investigated by Development team.
- Assist in the maintenance of a defect-tracking database of all issues raised relative to the product.
- Liaising with the development team, product managers in order to provide status updates.
- Creation of detailed test plans, test scripts and procedural documents from functional specs and supporting documents.
- Taking full ownership of keeping test documentation fully up to date.
- Responsible for following standards for patching fixes within multiple in-house test areas.
- Contributor to Automation Testing Framework, by creating and maintaining automation scripts to test the application
- Increase test coverage through Web Services and/or automated UI testing
Qualifications and Requirements
- First and foremost, a real interest and passion for software testing.
- Solid understanding of quality processes, controls and procedures and the SDLC
- 3+ years of software testing and development experience
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Flexible in your approach and able to adapt to rapid change
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and more efficiently
- Previous background with Financial and or Property systems is highly desirable
- Experience with agile development practices preferred
- Experience with UI and/or API test automation preferred
- Knowledge of formulating SQL queries is essential, Oracle knowledge preferred
- Experience with Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, Java, Jenkins a bonus
- Ability to learn leading technical / industry standards and technologies
- Flexible working arrangements (2 days in the office)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- 6x Flexi Fridays: knock 2.5 hours off your day on a Friday
- Engaging, fun & inclusive culture: check out the MRI Software APAC Insta feed and stories!
About the business:
MRI Software is a global Proptech leader delivering innovative applications and hosted solutions that free real estate companies to elevate their business.
Our flexible technology platform, along with an open and connected ecosystem, allows us to meet the unique needs of real estate businesses, from property-level management and accounting, to investment modeling and analytics for the global commercial and residential markets. With nearly five decades of expertise and insight, we have grown to include offices in across the United States, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Canada, and India, with over 2000 team members to support our clients and their unique needs!
MRI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.