From the day we opened our doors in 1971, MRI Software has built flexible, game-changing real estate software solutions to improve people’s lives. The only way to carry out that mission is to hire the absolute best employees on earth. People like you.
Work hard, play hard. Always. Our relentless commitment to client success, our employee resource groups and our promise to empower our teams to reach their full potential are a few examples of what makes MRI Software special.
And we’re insanely dedicated to creating a work environment that you look forward to every single day. That’s why we invest heavily in our employee engagement, so you enjoy the tech industry’s best perks. Together with the whole Pride, (lion roar for "family") employees, customers, and partners, we’re on a mission to break new ground and lead the real estate industry into a digital-first future.
We understand the need to provide a flexible working environment partnered with team collaboration and socialisation. Therefore, we operate a hybrid working model with 3 days of working from home per week. This role is based in the Cape Town office.
We are seeking a Fee Accountant, who will work closely with the Finance team to maintain balance sheets, assist with month end and prepare reports for management. As a Fee Accountant, you will work on various projects as they arise; providing the chance to learn new processes and procedures, which lead to increased roles and responsibilities within the company.
• Administer all levels of accounting and special projects as needed by management.
• Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts; general ledger operations, prepare and post journal entries.
• Assist with month-end close and preparation of monthly financial statements, monthly financial reports, account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and bank reconciliations.
• Record financial transactions in accordance with company policies.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
• Analyse and interpret financial data, trends, variances to forecast and budget and other financial documents.
• Prepare weekly monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports for management.
• Help with treasury and cash flow activities.
• Play an integral role in revenue recognition, contract organisation, and deferred revenue waterfalls.
• Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
• 2-4 years’ experience as a property accountant with commercial or residential management company.
• Experience using MRI Software applications a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, peers, and management through written and/or verbal communication.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work under deadlines.
• Good organisational skills and the ability to manage priorities.
• A high degree of dependability, motivation and flexibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance.
We’re obsessed with making this the best job you’ve ever had!
• We want our teams to love working here, so we’ve created some incredible perks for you to enjoy:
• Join our employee-led groups to maximise your experience at work such as our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee, employee resource groups such as Women and Allies, and our Pride Event Group.
• Enjoy peace of mind over yours and your family’s health with our Private Medical Insurance and Health Cash Plan.
• Invest in our competitive Personal Pension plan and help set you up for your future.
• Big on family? So are we! We understand family is important and being able to spend quality time with your family as it grows is a wonderful experience. Our Parental Leave Program is designed to give you the opportunity to spend even more time with your new arrival(s).
• Enjoy a fantastic work-life balance with 25 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays, and finish early 6 times a year with our ‘Flexi’ scheme.
• Income Protection Plans give you the peace of mind you deserve.
• Further your professional development and growth with our generous Tuition Reimbursement Schemes.
• Enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere in the world for two weeks out of the year!
MRI continues to strive to amaze as a global industry leader in real estate software. Whether you are joining as a new pride member or bringing your expertise back, your talent is important to maintaining MRI’s high client experience standard and continuing our growth in the PropTech space.
Amazing growth takes amazing employees. Are you up to the challenge?
As a global company, we believe diversity brings benefits for our people, customers and clients. This is why MRI Software is committed to being an inclusive employer, regardless of your ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military and veteran status.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.