Junior PHP Developer
From the day we opened our doors in 1971, MRI Software has built flexible, game-changing real estate software solutions to improve people’s lives. The only way to carry out that mission is to hire the absolute best employees on earth. People like you.
Work hard, play hard. Always. Our relentless commitment to client success, our employee resource groups and our promise to empower our teams to reach their full potential are a few examples of what makes MRI Software special.
And we’re insanely dedicated to creating a work environment that you look forward to every single day. That’s why we invest heavily in our employee engagement, so you enjoy the tech industry’s best perks. Together with the whole Pride, (lion roar for "family") employees, customers, and partners, we’re on a mission to break new ground and lead the real estate industry into a digital-first future.
We understand the need to provide a flexible working environment partnered with team collaboration and socialization. Therefore, we operate a hybrid working model, therefore this role can be based at our HQ in Solon, Ohio or any of our flagship U.S. based offices (Atlanta, Houston, Dallas)
MRI Software is looking for a Junior PHP Developer who is creative, learning-oriented, collaborative individual to come help shape the future of MRI Software. Is a team player, understands own role's significance. Who is familiar with software development practices, principles & methodologies.
At MRI Software, we believe in providing long-term career growth opportunities to talented Software Engineers who demonstrate success in their roles. We encourage and support Software Engineers who aspire to progress into deeper technical positions, project management roles, or other leadership positions within our company. We are committed to nurturing and developing our team from within.
- Accurately follows instructions and guidelines.
- Adheres to defined SDLC methodology.
- Active participant in agile scrum team delivering on development related tasks.
- Maintains a continuous growth mindset.
- Views and utilizes peer code reviews as an opportunity to hone skills and improve the quality of their craft.
- Understands and participates in quality-focused processes such as
- Code Reviews
- Test Automation Tools (unit tests, UI automation, etc.),
- Maintains an effective working relationship with other team members.
- Contributes to a harmonious and collaborative working environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 1 -2 years of experience in software development or related experience is preferred but not required.
- 1 – 2 years of experience developing in PHP is required
- Preferably with experience in Laravel or similar MVC
- 1 – 2 years of experience as a Front End developer using HTML and CSS is required
- 1 - 2 years of experience with MariaDB or MySQL is preferred
- Team player and understands how own work is important to the team’s success.
- Fundamental understanding of software development practices, principles & techniques
- Knowledgeable about software development methodologies (waterfall, Agile, Kanban, etc.)
- Willing to contribute what it takes to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Ability and eagerness to learn new emerging technical skills that are relevant to MRI Software.
- Accountable for mistakes and learns from them.
- Knows the different resources to use when assistance is needed.
We’re obsessed with making this the best job you’ve ever had!
We want our teams to love working here, so we’ve created some incredible perks for you to enjoy:
- Join our employee-led groups to maximize your experience at work such as our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee, employee resource groups such as Women and Allies, and our Pride Event Group
- Enjoy peace of mind over yours and your family’s health with our medical coverage options and HSA benefit
- Invest in our competitive 401k plan and help set you up for your future
- Big on family? So are we! We understand family is important and being able to spend quality time with your family is a wonderful experience. Our Parental Leave Program is designed to give you the opportunity to spend even more time with your new arrival(s)
- Enjoy a fantastic work-life balance with 20 days PTO plus observed Holidays, plus 15 hours of ‘Flexi’ time a year
- Further your professional development and growth with our generous Tuition Reimbursement offerings
- Enjoy the flexibility of working from anywhere in the world for two weeks out of the year
At MRI, our company culture is more than a talking point – it’s what makes us shine! We value your hard work and encourage you to be your whole self while you do it. Passion, integrity, and inclusion mixed with a healthy dose of fun is what makes us the best fit for your next career move!
MRI continues to strive to amaze as a global industry leader in real estate software. Whether you are joining as a new pride member or bringing your expertise back, your talent is important to maintaining MRI’s high client experience standard and continuing our growth in the PropTech space.
Amazing growth takes amazing employees. Are you up to the challenge?
We are not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting.
MRI Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, you are welcome here.