QA Engineer II - Manual
About the role:
MRI Software are looking for an experienced and skilled candidate to join our team as a Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer. As a QA Engineer you will be be responsible to assess software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes. You will take ownership of code quality through exploratory and manual test scripts. You will hunt bugs, identify issues, report them and see that they are dealt with.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies and techniques used in Blackbox testing like equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision table.
- Understanding of automation framework design techniques like Page Object Design/Page Factory
- Understanding of OOPs principles
- Have worked on existing automation frameworks developed using Selenium.
- Webdriver/Selenium Webdriver IO
- Solid understanding and working experience for API/Microservices Testing using Postman/ Swagger
- Understanding of Load/Performance testing using JMeter, or any AI based tool.
- Understand of CI/CD principles and have worked on any such tool like Jenkins, Gitlab etc
- Understand of cloud-based testing environments (using Azure/AWS)
- Solid understanding of Regression testing using automation.
- Creating automated test scripts or maintaining existing test scripts in already existing framework.
- Creating automated test suites and drive test execution for Regression testing.
- Defining estimation for automation related work.
- Analyzing feature tickets and writing manual test scripts using Jira Test Management.
- Working on multiple project testing assignments.
- Using Postman for API testing.
- Deciding and defining testing scope for Regression testing and monthly releases.
- Creating and maintaining test related documents if required.
- Actively participating in Scrum ceremonies.
- Involved in performance and security testing of products as and when needed.
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer – Automation Testing (Selenium & Java or C#, API)
- Basic knowledge of database testing
- Basic understanding of Test Management and Test Strategy design
- Basic understanding of API Test Automation using Rest Assured or Postman
- Working experience in Agile driven projects
- Working experience in Jira