Onboarding Specialist, Trading
Orion Advisor Technology
Essential Functions of the Job
- Onboards Advisors onto the Orion trading platform.
- Maintains multiple Business Processes and Process Tasks for each advisor throughout the onboarding process.
- Works directly with the Advisor and the Advisor’s reps, operations, or other internal resources to efficiently and sufficiently train how to best utilize the platform for their success.
- Schedules regular calls and meetings with the Advisor and/or Advisor team.
- Plans, oversees, and documents all aspects of projects to ensure on time completion.
- Reports, tracks, and escalates projects and issues to management as needed.
- Maintains call schedule and process task notes and documentation for each advisor.
- Contributes to evaluation, implementation and management of electronic trading platform and assists with projects related to trading system version upgrades.
- Responsible for testing new development to ensure specifications were met and released properly; this may include weekend hours for build release rollouts and testing.
- Participates in training sessions during Orion Tech Labs or Regional events, as needed.
- Periodic travel may be required to conduct onsite visits for onboarding requirements or strategic visits.
Skills Needed to Perform the Job
- Knowledge of industry rules and regulations pertaining to various security instruments and markets.
- Ability to quickly learn new and utilize multiple internal/external trading systems and platforms.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees, as well as conduct effective presentations.
- Ability to work on weekends as pre-determined by quarterly system builds.
- Strong skills in effective oral, written, interpersonal and listening, including the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
Education Needed to Perform the Job
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required.
- Orion Industry Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Experience Needed to Perform the Job
- Minimum of 1 year of Orion systems experience preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Orion Trading Platforms preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working within financial services, technology, or client service industries preferred.
Salary Range:$25.79 - $37.87
The pay listed in this posting indicates the estimated pay at the time of this posting; however, may vary depending on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, Orion offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, and disability coverage on day one, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid parental leave, pet benefits including pawternity leave and pet insurance, student loan repayment and more.
As One-Orion, we accomplish our best work by being personally accountable to each other and the clients we serve. We are creating a welcoming environment where everyone is respected, valued, and heard. Our willingness to disrupt ourselves, and the industry ensures we stay ahead of client expectations. Thinking differently is in our DNA – we innovate, push boundaries, reject the status quo, and relentlessly pursue transformative outcomes. It is our collective will to win that drives Orion’s success and powers success for our clients and everyone at Orion.