System Administrator/Content Engineer (On-Site - Salt Lake City, UT)
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
PDQ, founded in Salt Lake City, UT, makes device management simple, secure, and Pretty Damn Quick. IT teams use our products to reduce complexity, improve efficiency, and enhance control in their unique environments. We are backed by TA Associates and Berkshire Partners, top-tier global PE companies. SimpleMDM and SmartDeploy are powered by PDQ.
PDQ's Mission: We make device management simple, secure and pretty damn quick.
PDQ's Core Values: Honesty, Ownership, Collaboration and Improvement
In this role, you will serve as the company's representative in video presentations demonstrating product functionality, communicating complex IT information and making it accessible and engaging for our audience. You'll also participate in a live weekly webcast that covers a wide range of IT topics. You may also create compelling blog posts, email copy, product descriptions, social media content. Extensive hands-on experience in IT and/or Systems Administration is required. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to communicate complex technical information in a compelling and even riveting way. The content you create needs to reflect our unique culture, so yes, a sense of humor is required.
What your day might look like:
- Participate in the production of customer-facing content, including weekly webcasts, videos, blog posts, and social media
- Participate in planning and strategizing for inbound marketing campaign execution, including content, content schedule, platforms and measurements
- Perform background topic research as needed
- Monitor IT trends, customer needs, tech industry developments to help generate future blog, webcast, and content ideas pertaining to how topics relate to company products
- Respond to current and potential customer video social media questions and comments
- Train, proofread, and edit other content prior to publication
- Other responsibilities as needed
Who you are:
- Experience with technical terminology, deployment, and patch management systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to convey complex topics and information in an easy to understand format
- Comfortable appearing and conveying information in a live, on-camera setting
- Hands-on experience with PDQ products
- Ability to research technologies and write about that research intelligently
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Advanced degree in English, Marketing, or Computer Science preferred
We’re looking for people who:
- Are a team player with a high level of dedication
- Utilize discretion, be honest, and dependable
- Have a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Are ability to remain calm under pressure and capable of thinking on your feet
- Have a desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Exercise strong judgment and decision-making ability
Do you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements? Apply anyway - you could be exactly who we are looking for!
PDQ offers all of the great perks and benefits you'd expect from working at a very cool tech company, and even some you might not expect, including:
4-Day Work Week
Managers who champion professional development and are technically experienced (the best kind of experience)
100% Premium Coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your dependents
100% Premium Coverage for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, and AD&D Insurance
Company Match of the first 6% of your employee deferrals after you’ve been employed with us for 90 days
Flexible Paid Time Off Policy that treats you like the adult that you are
Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentives
Quarterly Company Values Award (team member nominated)
PDQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. If you would like to request reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Currently, PDQ team members and candidates who are eligible for fully remote positions can live in any of the following US states: AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.