Retention Specialist (Salt Lake City, UT - Hybrid)
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
PDQ, founded in Salt Lake City, UT, makes device management simple, secure, and Pretty Damn Quick. IT teams use our products to reduce complexity, improve efficiency, and enhance control in their unique environments. We are backed by TA Associates and Berkshire Partners, top-tier global PE companies. SimpleMDM and SmartDeploy are powered by PDQ.
PDQ's Mission: We make device management simple, secure and pretty damn quick.
PDQ's Core Values: Honesty, Ownership, Collaboration and Improvement
As a Retention Specialist, you will establish a relationship of trust with SmartDeploy customers (specifically, System Administrators and other IT professionals) in an effort to identify what issues they are facing in their unique environments, how our products can be improved, and how we can retain their business.
How you'll spend your day:
- Secure annual renewals in a timely fashion – quoting, following up to secure purchase commitment, and ensure renewal is the right number of licenses for expected growth and correct feature set for a customer’s needs
- Per customer request, perform detailed discovery that helps to uncover the primary pain points a customer is experiencing, and suggest solutions to retaining customers’ business
- Provide support and follow up to customers
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in our CRM – pipeline hygiene is key!
Who you are:
- Ownership: You take responsibility for projects, drive results, and deliver on commitments
- Honesty: You demonstrate integrity, transparency, and ethical behavior in all interactions
- Collaboration: You work effectively with cross-functional teams and foster a culture of teamwork
- Improvement: You continuously seek opportunities for growth, innovation, and personal development
- Detail-oriented, organized and a good team player
- Independent, highly motivated, and solution-driven mentality to all activities
- Excellent interpersonal skillset, particularly with the ability to build authentic business relationships
- Ability to proactively problem-solve as customer liaison across technical and commercial obstacles
- Strong attention to detail and goal-oriented
We're looking for people who have:
- Bachelor's Degree or an acceptable level of industry achievement (self-learners are welcomed!)
- 2+ years of previous experience in customer retention or customer service focused role (Sales Development Representatives or other SaaS sales experience highly preferred)
- Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM
Tools we use:
- Microsoft Office
Do you think you have what it takes but don’t necessarily meet all the requirements? Apply anyway - you could be exactly who we are looking for!
PDQ offers all of the great perks and benefits you'd expect from working at a very cool tech company, and even some you might not expect, including:
4-Day Work Week
Managers who champion professional development and are technically experienced (the best kind of experience)
100% Premium Coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your dependents
100% Premium Coverage for Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, and AD&D Insurance
Company Match of the first 6% of your employee deferrals after you’ve been employed with us for 90 days
Flexible Paid Time Off Policy that treats you like the adult that you are
Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentives
Quarterly Company Values Award (team member nominated)
PDQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. If you would like to request reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Currently, PDQ team members and candidates who are eligible for fully remote positions can live in any of the following US states: AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI.