Senior Software Engineer I (node js)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
As a Senior Software Engineer I, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying applications in our next-gen Data Integrity Suite platform based on k8’s. You will work closely with Software engineers, data scientists, and product managers to develop and deploy data-driven solutions that deliver business value.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate/ own technical designs, participate in discussions, constructively suggest, and receive ideas & feedback to improve product functionality.
- Collaborate with other team members, to work with cross-functional teams as required to design and develop innovative solutions according to requirements.
- Innovate and bring ideas and possible solutions to stakeholders and product team to help increase productivity.
- Contribute to strategies and roadmap development to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies.
- Provide leadership and guidance on design and management of data for data applications, formulate best practices and organize processes for data management and evolution.
- Help build a platform that can support huge volumes of data, with multi-tenancy and near real-time analytics. Have ability to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- End to end ownership of product features and is expected to create highly scalable, stable, maintainable, and available products and features.
- Have an opportunity to lead, participate, guide, and mentor other people in the team on architecture and design in a hands-on manner.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience in backend development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Extensive experience in Microservices Architecture.
- Strong knowledge of Node.js and experience with relevant frameworks (Express).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, etc.).
- Proficiency in SQL and experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc.).
- Understanding of RESTful API design principles.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Git.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.