Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
Precisely is seeking a Technical Architect to provide technical leadership for a large project, moving capabilities from a private data centre to the AWS cloud. The successful candidate in this role will act as a thought leader for cloud, microservices and architectural best-practices across the EngageOne line of business. They will also be highly skilled in architectural patterns and approaches and be able to provide guidance to all developers within the organisation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The Technical Architect will be part of a team providing guidance for Architectural patterns, Microservices, Cloud implementation
- Mentor development staff across multiple geographies to increase knowledge of modern approaches.
- Successfully guide and implement pipelines for code deployment.
- Support and review code to ensure best practises are being followed.
- Recommend, decide and implement new tools, techniques and methodologies to enhance productivity and quality.
- Collaborate with agile development teams to align long term strategies for architecture.
- Be able to communicate effectively at multiple levels including development contributors, stakeholders and senior management.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience of AWS Cloud, demonstrated through recent commercial examples.
- Experience of on-premise architecture
- Extensive knowledge of Java and Python.
- Strong experience in REST, JSON and XML and API Design.
- Experience with microservice design and patterns.
- Experience in a high volume, high throughput web/ecommerce environment.
- Experience of working with agile (scrum) teams.
- Data storage experience both using SQL and no SQL technologies.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
- Experience of performance testing and the ability to provide tuning recommendations where appropriate.
- Experience of working with large enterprise clients.
- Knowledge of security testing and tools.
- Knowledge of cloud economics for both cloud native and hosted models.
- Experience defining and enforcing technical standards.
- Passion for achieving excellence in technical approach, process, product quality and reliability.