Senior Cloud Engineer I
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
The Senior Cloud Engineer will lead the deployment of our cloud platforms, while improving and automating the operational processes that insure sustainability and stability of all our online applications. This role will be responsible for leading the maintenance of the automate release, change, deployment, application support and incident processes that will enable your team to manage and sustain the production environment and also resolve incidents and issues arise in customer environment in 24 x 7 environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Be responsible for creating, deploying, maintaining and delivering Cloud based infrastructure environments to customers.
- Act as point of contact for escalated issues.
- Be responsible for supporting application and infrastructure in hosting solution for customer.
- Be responsible for documenting all issues and writing SOP’s.
- Work towards discovering standard cloud services offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings.
- Be responsible to troubleshoot escalated issues and further work with Engineering to resolve them in timely manner.
- Be responsible for handling incidents raised via monitoring and able to acnowledge them within SLA.
- Be responsible for evalution of cloud strategy and program evalution.
- Be responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Good work experience in leading Hosting project in customer facing role.
- Experience on supporting System administration, Monitoring and maintaining Hosted solutions.
- Good work experience in working with Windows and Linux servers on On-Prem and Cloud platforms.
- Experience in troubleshooting application issues and optimizing application performance.
- Experience in deployment, patching and creating pipelines to automate infrastructure building.
- Experience crafting solutions for the server-side of scalable cloud software applications and platforms, skills to architect a highly distributed cloud system and respond to operational issues, experience with cloud migration, as well as experience with Windows, Linux, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Focus on AWS, Azure, back-ends, Serverless architectures, and highly automated implementation and optimization.
- Good to have knowledge of application development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in Scripting, Powershell, bash etc.
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24×7 availability.
- Experience in Terraform, Azure, devops, should have developed multiple pipeline/plans to provision resources in AWS/Azure cloud.
- Experience in Monitoring tool Datadog, cloudwatch.