Software Engineer I
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
As a Software Developer, you will be part of the team that designs and develops cloud applications in the Data Integrity domain. You will be deeply involved in the design, development and unit testing the applications in our next-gen Data Integrity Suite platform based on k8’s. You will work closely with Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers to develop and deploy data-driven solutions that deliver business value.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Product Development with 2 to 4 years in the industry involved in design and development of modern Cloud applications.
- End to end technical ownership of product features.
- Responsible for unit-level design, coding, unit testing, integration testing and participating in the full SDLC.
- Participate/ own technical designs, participate in discussions, constructively suggest, and receive ideas & feedback for solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members, also work with cross-functional teams as required to design and develop innovative solutions according to requirements. Peer review of code practice needs to be followed.
- Evaluate, learn, and incorporate new technologies into new and existing frameworks and solutions as applicable.
- Be agile and embrace change.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Up to 2 years of demonstrable experience with Cloud Stack solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of OOP concepts. Thorough understanding of Java features and fundamentals.
- Experience consuming REST APIs in building scalable, modern web applications.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD processes and knowledge of JIRA, Jenkins, GIT and Artifactory.
- Knowledge of Git.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns & Architectural Patterns and hands on experience to apply them in day-to-day design.
- Experience of AWS, Azure or GCP will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse and distributed product teams in an agile environment.
- Exposure to cloud native technologies like Docker, Kubernetes and microservices architecture.
- Good understanding and prior use of TDD (Test Driven Development) practices.
- Basic knowledge of Linux shell commands is preferred.