Senior Support Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
- A Senior Support Engineer is primarily responsible to solve complex issues and develop unique solutions to make our customers successful. Our customers depend on the highly skilled technical engineers in our technical support group to help drive the success of their investments to Precisely products. Strong problem-solving skills, technical depth, communication, and the ability to develop creative solutions are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide world-class technical support over the phone, email, and remote desktop connections. Including, but not limited to meeting SLA requirements, updating stakeholders in a timely manner, and documenting and recording critical information.
- Support data governance organizations and project sponsors in the roll-out of Data360 Govern.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address barriers to data governance and gain alignment between organizations and the business.
- Mentor and train data governance teams on the use and configuration of Data360 Govern.
- Address and resolve issues quickly and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Investigate, analyze, and solve complex problems occurring on a wide range of platforms, software systems, and databases.
- Understand the complexities of enterprise systems and be able to determine if the cause of an issue is within the product, third party libraries, user developed code or jobs, or platform libraries.
- Continuously learn new technology, tools, systems, and sharing that knowledge within the team.
- Create comprehensive internal and external Knowledge Base documentation for use by both customers and team members.
- Debug and provide recommended solutions and tools to address product issues and enhancements.
- Night and weekend shifts may be required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 8 + years of experience.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), strong interpersonal/customer relations skills, and exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of software design principles and operating system design.
- Ability to collect and research data issues.
- Ability to identify data relationships and data dependencies.
- Ability to design efficient workflows and processes.
- Ability to define and set up data policies to govern data.
- Understanding of database management systems including relational database design principles, tuning, SQL execution, and configuration.
- Understanding of networking design principles, including TCP, IP, HTTP/S, S/FTP, SMTP, AS2, and other data communication protocols.
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills, with experience with C, C++, Java, or other object-orientated languages.
- Distributed computing experience including networked clustering, Hadoop, MapReduce, cloud services, and load balancing.
- Understanding of debuggers, system utilities, and performance monitoring tools.
- Detailed knowledge of the following technology is needed –
- Data flows, Groovy expressions, application servers.
- UNIX/Linux (AIX, Red Hat EL, Solaris, HP-UX) knowledge and administration.
- Database systems (Oracle, Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, Vertica, DB2, ODBC, Snowflake).
- Windows Operating Systems, platform, and registry.
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).