Director, Revenue Recognition
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced accounting professional to play a critical role in the success of Precisely’s global accounting organization. Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of Revenue Recognition manages compliance of the revenue recognition process within U.S. GAAP and company standards. This is a critical role that will work closely with sales, operations, legal, and finance to support revenue recognition closing, reporting and modeling.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the global revenue accounting close and reporting process, ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP, and company policy and procedures.
- Oversee global royalty expense accruals and reporting.
- Manage global monthly and quarterly revenue reporting packages including balance sheet and P&L analysis.
- Own and update written policies and memos in conformity with US GAAP requirements.
- Be the Finance organization's subject matter expert on revenue accounting providing guidance on technical accounting, policy and process while ensuring accounting compliance.
- Act as the strategic partner to finance leadership in driving & streamlining process improvements within revenue recognition close process.
- Collaborate with legal, FP&A, tax, sales operations, product, and professional services relative to contract negotiations, new product offerings and non-standard contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Work closely with the Company's external auditors on revenue recognition and related controls and manage annual audit requirements.
- Support quote-to-cash integration efforts of past (and future) acquisitions.
- Oversee internal control design, execution, monitoring and compliance within quote to cash and revenue cycles.
- Manage and develop a high-performing team where inclusion and diversity of thought are leveraged for innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with the FP&A team as it relates to revenue forecasting.
- Review, analyze and update the annual financial statement related to revenue, deferred revenue sections etc. to ensure compliance with industry reporting standards and U.S. GAAP requirements.
- Review M&A contracts and prepare revenue positions for the company.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of combined experience in both public accounting and leading a revenue accounting function
- Detailed knowledge of relevant revenue accounting guidance under ASC 606 relating to Software, SaaS and Services revenue recognition
- Previous experience in Big 4 accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple functional units and levels within the organization.
- Strong financial and analytical skills including substantial experience with accounting principles and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex financial information to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Continuous improvement mindset with a proven ability to implement process improvements.
- Experience working with Netsuite, Netsuite ARM & SFDC strongly preferred.