Senior Accountant (Royalties Expense Process)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
This role will join the Finance and Accounting team and will be an individual contributor role focusing on global accounting close, audit and various statutory local compliance and other accounting initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Gain high level exposure by supporting the Manager, Corporate Accounting in varying accounting matters including financial analysis, ad hoc reporting and other corporate functions.
- Collaborate with an energetic and ambitious accounting team as an active participant in the month end close process including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and account analyzation.
- Assist in support of the Company’s external audits for the consolidated company.
- Participate in the development of Company policies and procedures.
- Advise and implement internal controls best practices to drive accuracy and efficiency of month end close process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in accounting or auditing.
- CPA certification or MBA a plus, but not required
- Proficient with ERP systems; Netsuite experience a plus.
- Experience with corporate accounting functions such as Payroll, Royalties, Stock based compensation, and accruals a plus
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change.
- Process optimization focused - vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity.
- High-level of integrity along with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- A strong work ethic, positive “can-do” attitude, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player, comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.
- No travel required.