Technical Support Engineer (IBM i)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
YOUR ROLE AT PRECISELY
A Senior Technical Consultant is primarily responsible for advising, planning, configuring and leading Data360 DQ+, Analyze, and Govern implementations. You will ensure our clients develop a strong data quality framework to proactively find, understand, and manage their data for better business outcomes based on trusted data.
YOUR ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advise clients in their journey towards becoming data driven (5%)
- Understand client requirements and translate them into Data360 solutions (15%)
- Design solutions using the Precisely portfolio of products to prepare, validate, surface, and manage critical data assets (20%)
- Support data quality organizations and project sponsors in the configuration and roll-out of data preparation and data quality solutions (25%)
- Configure products and solutions to integrate critical data assets from third-party solutions and tools (20%)
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to address barriers to data governance and data quality and gain alignment between IT organizations and the business (5%)
- Mentor and train data quality teams on the use and configuration of Data360 Analyze, DQ+ and Govern (10%)
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 7 to 10 years experience in data engineering, ETL development, or equivalent role.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, information technology, Engineering Management
- Knowledge of data landscapes within an organization and experience in analyzing end-to-end data flows
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize complex or diverse information
- Mastery of SQL and related RDBMS technologies
- Designs and develop data pipelines, data ingestion flows and ETL processes
- Develops real-time and batch data processes aligned with business needs.
- Documents data flows, data quality and data availability across all business systems.
- Ability to collect and research data issues; ability to identify data relationships and dependencies
- Ability to design efficient workflows and processes
- Effectively communicate with customers; engage and focus audience attention while presenting technical information simply, logically and persuasively.
- Mastery of Python programming language
- Affinity with use cases and technologies such as AWS, Azure, JDBC, Snowflake, Databricks, BigQuery and Kafka
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services, Insurance, Energy, or CPG
- Familiarity with leading enterprise tools such as MDM solutions, SAP or related ERP solutions, Salesforce, and ETL solutions a plus
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This Position does NOT Manage Others.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standard office environment. Some stress may occur with tight deadlines and long hours.
Travel is required: Approximately 25 (% overnight travel required). Evening and weekend work, as needed.