Information Developer II
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview: Information Developers at Precisely build content that makes it easier for customers to use our software and data products. As part of our global team, you work closely with other writers, engineers, product managers, user experience designers, and other cross-functional team members in an Agile development environment. You will transform complex technical information into concise and well-organized user assistance, user and technical guides, release notes, and other customer-facing materials. You will also work on team initiatives that help us standardize, automate, and innovate what we do.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Scope, design, and write effective user-centered content for one or more product areas.
- Gather information, interpret business and technical designs, and organize materials for content projects.
- Create plans and schedules for assigned products, product suites, and initiatives.
- Work with stakeholders to secure plan input and signoff, communicate status, and manage risks and escalations.
- Work with subject-matter experts to ensure technical accuracy and content appropriateness.
- Complete projects and deliverables within the timeline defined for assigned projects.
- Manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Participate in team initiatives to help to drive innovation and team initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of information development / technical writing experience in the software/tech industry.
- BA/BS degree in technical communications or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with task analysis for a user-centered approach to content development.
- Familiarity with the DITA standard, structured authoring, and single-sourcing techniques.
- Experience using an XML editor such as oXygen, xMetaL, or Arbortext Editor.
- Experience using a Component Content Management Systems (CCMS) or other source management tool.
- Expert knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a global distributed team.
- Experience using Office 365, Microsoft Teams, and other enterprise collaboration tools.