Software Engineer II (UI)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
The role of a Web Developer is to create well-written front-end web applications based on best practices, standards, and application requirements received from the product owners and designers. Developer will work with a team to design, develop, and test moderate to complex graphical interfaces and services for web applications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop web applications and services using Syncsort’s software development processes and tools leading to the highest standard of software quality.
- Participate in design and code reviews within a team environment to eliminate errors early in the development process.
- Take proactive actions to prevent customer issues.
- Participate in problem determination and debugging of software product issues by using technical skills and tools to isolate the cause of the problem in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide documentation needed to thoroughly communicate software functionality.
- Present technical features of product to customers and stakeholders as required.
- Deliver a complete front-end web application.
- Ensure high performance and quality of web applications.
- Coordinate with UX and graphic designers for front end consistency.
- Ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
- Participate in the Agile development process.
- Utilize and contribute to Design System.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications: .
- 4 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to analyze moderate to complex programming problems and create algorithms and programming solutions.
- Ability to produce results at a level commensurate with skill level consistent with industry standards.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Results focused with good time management and personal management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple priorities or focus and provide in-depth solutions.
- Good self-management skills with the ability to show initiative and take responsibility for issues and problems
- Specialized Knowledge
- API experience (RESTful, SOAP), NodeJS, Java Web Development, Spring Framework, JDBC, Apache Velocity, Bootstrap Java or C#.
- Experience with Docker, micro-services, kubernetes, AWS preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins, NPM, Gulp.js.
- Automated unit testing – Jasmine, Junit or Nunit.
- Automated functional testing – Protractor, Selenium.
- Experience with XML, CSS, SASS, SQL, SQL Server, and MVC.
- Experience using Ng-bootstrap, JQuery, JQuery UI.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write design documentation.
- Experience with Agile Scrum application development practices and tools (Jira, TFS).