Senior Sales Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
The Senior Sales Engineer is a tech-savvy professional focused on technical presales support of Precisely software products. This individual will work in the field to help sales teams with new customer opportunities, translate customer technical requirements to a Precisely solution, drive the technical discussions, deliver custom demonstrations, and implement technical proofs-of-concept.
This individual will be comfortable working in a result driven, highly motivated sales team and has great time management and organization skills. There will be significant opportunity to influence product design and positioning, with an ideal candidate being a thoughtful and persuasive contributor.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in all aspects of the sales process to ultimately interpret and address client requirements with an innovative and collaborative mindset
- Present the value of the Precisely solution to clients in various stages of the sales cycle in the form of custom demos, workshops, proof of concepts/value, pilot projects, assisted trials, RFI/RFPs
- Improve efficiency of the presales team, contribute to creating reusable demos, documents, and other assets
- Integrate Precisely APIs and SDKs to create demos showcasing Precisely capabilities
- Be a Precisely brand ambassador at trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events
- Travel required approximately 35%
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Sales Engineer
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in place of the education requirement.
- You have experience with IBM Mainframe, fluent with TSO, ISPF and system utilities, familiar with ZFS filesystem
- You have Technically relevant experience with data intensive applications including ETL, data integration, high performance databases, data warehouses (cloud and/or on-prem), Mainframe and/or IBM i.
- You are Comfortable and capable performing product presentations to a varied audience ranging from technical individual contributors to C-Level executives
- You have Coding experience C, C++, or Java
- You have Cross Database SQL experience
- You have Unix/Linux knowledge
- You have Basic TCP/IP networking knowledge
- You have Big Data experience (Databricks, Cloudera, Confluent Kafka etc)
- Needs to have a growth mindset, loves to learn, seeks challenges, and is determined to achieve them