Senior Software Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
This opportunity is 100% remote located in the United States. Software Engineer is responsible for solving complex issues and developing unique solutions to make our customers successful. Our customers depend on our highly skilled technical engineers in our Research & Development group to help drive their success. Strong problem-solving skills, communication, and the ability to develop creative solutions are a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, develop and test new features or product changes.
- Work in a collaborative team environment following Agile development methodologies.
- Address and resolve issues quickly and effectively to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Investigate, analyze, debug and solve complex problems.
- Replicate customer issues in house and work closely with QA and Support teams to resolve problems when required.
- Debug issues and implement resolutions in multiple product areas across a variety of environments.
- Design and implement product functionality to meet customer requirements.
- Adequately document and describe product changes or features.
- Continuously learn new technology, tools, systems, and sharing knowledge within the team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years development experience working with IBM Mainframes running z/OS operating system. Ideally, this is system level program development.
- Master of Science (MS) in Computer Science program.
- Equivalent experience will be accepted in place of the education requirement.
- Minimum of 2 years’ IBM z Assembly language experience and C language experience.
- Working knowledge of major z/OS ecosystem and subsystem components - JES, DFSMS, WLM, DB2, CICS, RACF, SMF, VSAM, IMS and USS.
- Proficiency in use of systems tools and utilities – JCL, SDSF, IDCAMS.
- Experience with Kafka or other streaming technologies.
- Experience with Linux and Unix.