Business Solutions Architect (Presales)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
At Precisely we have increasingly invested in ensuring sustainable client success and the Value Engineering and Business Architect (VEBA) team is an instrumental part of this process. We are seeking a business architect to join the VEBA Team. The business architect works directly with prospects and clients to develop a business-oriented view of the technology solutions required to solve business objectives. In this role, the business architect will be responsible for producing an executive level view of the business problem and the Precisely capabilities required to solve the business problem.
The business architect will work closely with stakeholders to understand their business requirements and develop solutions that are both aligned to Precisely capabilities as well as the desired client business outcomes. The business architect will be comfortable guiding senior client stakeholders through organizational, strategic, and operational issues.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with field sales teams to prepare and lead account planning session for key and strategic accounts
- Work with the sales teams/client management teams to identify, develop and execute targeted sales opportunities.
- Create a Point of View on the ability of the entire Precisely portfolio to address significant business challenges within a client’s environment and articulate how Precisely’s entire solution capability can deliver new value to an organization.
- Must be able to understand and articulate industry trends and common business challenges and relate the conversation back to Precisely capabilities.
- Ability to identify key initiatives within an organization, such as ERP transformation, move to cloud etc., and articulate Precisely value proposition for each.
- Lead discovery workshops with clients to understand their business and technical goals, profile their current maturity across various business and data functions, identify the opportunity and cost to achieve the desired end state of a business goal.
- Create high-quality deliverables that clearly articulate insights, business recommendations, solution recommendations, multi-year roadmaps and document the full technical solution required to deliver the desired solution.
- Present and validate the value proposition to various organizational levels, considering both top-down and bottom-up approaches.
- Contribute to evolution of the Business Architect practice in enhancing and refining our methodology, content and tools.
- Develop the VEBA brand through thought leadership, content creation, appearances, articles and social and traditional media communication
- Ability to influence the opinions and decisions of clients using understanding of client’s organizational processes and best-in-class maturity knowledge
- Target, cultivate, and manage high-level client relationships (e.g. C-level, VP, or Director) to build influence and intervene upon the account team’s request
Requirements and Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in data integrity domain, technology sales or presales, business or technology consulting, technical architecture, or sales engineering.
- Experience in the following industries is also beneficial: Financial Services, Insurance, Telecom, Retail and CPG
- Experience in preferred technology enabled business transformation projects
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, MBA or equivalent degree preferred
- Strong business and financial acumen applied to business problem-solving
- Strong facilitation, presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with various team members in a remote team environment and share best practices regularly
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time regularly but also engage with clients in a compelling manner when digital
- 5+ years of experience in design, implementation or selling large, complex technology solutions.
- Strong understanding of business architecture principles
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence, and Gen AI, data warehousing, data analytics and cloud computing technologies and trends.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High-level familiarity with a variety of programming languages and technologies (Java, Python, C++, SQL, etc.)