Business Development Representative, Engage
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
The Associate Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for conducting Strategic Business Development activities to new targets within both prospective and existing accounts, with the objective of introducing/positioning Precisely’s EngageOne products and services to key decision-makers. Activities will include conducting outbound calls, presentations and participating in demos and setting up an initial meeting between the customer/prospect/partner and the assigned Account Executive. BDR will also take full responsibility of following up on marketing generated leads, plus create and execute outbound campaigns to new and existing customers. This position is part of a global team, reporting to the Director of Renewals and Business Development. This is a high-visibility, multichannel role and requires regular contact (telephone/email/social media) with existing customers, prospects, partners, and your internal teams.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Outbound Business Development:
- Collaborate with the assigned Account Executive to conduct outbound strategic activities with the objective of securing new discovery meetings and qualified sales opportunities for the Account Executive to pursue.
- Create compelling product communications - using statistics, use cases, and value drivers - and launch strategic campaigns in Outreach to generate interest and opportunity for the Engage business.
- Must be comfortable making cold calls into both new and existing target companies.
Inbound Business Development:
- Conduct strategic business development as part of follow-up with customers and prospects who have responded to our Marketing Activities (Events & Tradeshows, Webcasts, Ads, Collateral on our website, Software Evals, etc.) with the objective of creating qualified opportunities for the assigned Account Executive. This will often be associated with setting up an initial meeting between the prospect and the assigned Account Executive.
All Business Development:
- Work with Product Marketing, Pre-Sales and Sales teams to become knowledgeable in Precisely’s EngageOne product portfolio so you can effectively and persuasively target the pain points of our prospects and communicate our products’ differentiation in a clear and compelling way. Doing so will drive interest and result in qualified leads/initial meetings. This includes mastering product training as well as sales plays.
- Perform contact discovery where necessary as part of the Business Development process to target Business Development efforts more effectively (i.e. – prospect identification and discovery of contact information).
- Maintain daily activities in SalesForce.com CRM, tracking interactions with prospects, partners, and customers (Experience with SalesForce.com preferred).
- Provide weekly updates to direct manager on individual activity.
- Interact regularly with all areas of Marketing and Sales, including Operations team, to discuss the lead qualification process, and recommend improvements.
- Work closely with the Marketing team in developing new ways to increase awareness of Precisely Engage’s products and services.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be enterprise fluent in both Spanish and English, Portuguese would be a strong plus.
- 1+ years of experience is required for this role.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work autonomously on a global BDR team.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns and projects concurrently in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to continuously evaluate prospecting initiatives and quickly pivot to improve results.
- Polished communication skills, both written and verbal, Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in matrixed organizations.
- Experience leading and executing virtual meetings and events.
- Experience with LinkedIn Navigator and/or ZoomInfo.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding of Software/SaaS/HMS solutions is preferred.
- Salesforce.com and Outreach software experience a strong plus.
- Strong telephone and prospecting (cold-calling) skills and adaptable to new challenges.
- Goal-oriented, highly confident, and self-motivated.