Senior Financial Analyst (Sales Finance)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
As a Senior Financial Analyst, your focus will be on taking ownership of a number of key FP&A processes. As part of the FP&A team, you will ensure operational plans are aligned with financial goals and create transparency that allows us to make the right decisions. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will play a key role in developing and maintaining the reporting used to provide valuable insight into the company. The Senior Financial Analyst will gain deep, hands-on operating experience and take part in an exciting opportunity to drive growth at a private equity backed software firm. Additionally, they will be given unique exposure to the CFO and senior executives across functional groups, and with it an understanding of how these executives think and the role that each group plays in creating a successful company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Serve as finance lead for Sales, providing data-driven insight that enables senior executives to achieve their operating plans.
- Partner with cross-functional groups on monthly financial reporting, headcount reporting, variance analysis, and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Own the month end review process, highlighting any potential risks & opportunities through detailed analysis and reporting.
- Support the annual budget through cross functional collaboration, ensuring the budget supports Precisely’s financial and strategic goals.
- Create and drive the adoption of improved financial processes and policies through teaming with multiple stakeholder groups.
- Drive continuous improvements in reporting & analysis through Workday Adaptive Planning.
- Support ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience supporting a Sales function as a Finance Business Partner, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Previous experience working in the SaaS industry.
- Ability to work closely with business partners to provide, insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to turn financial data into relevant insights that support sound decisions.
- Ability to develop complex financial models.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous process improvement.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables and complex formulas.