Senior Software Developer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
A Sr. Engineer participates as a member of a product development team utilizing industry knowledge of software development best practices, knowledge of company established processes and standards, and strong product knowledge. This role with work with our Data3Sixty Govern development team to maintain existing features as well as build out new components and services to support the product. This is a SaaS services that is globally distributed in the Microsoft Cloud. As part of this team, this position ensures that the development needs of the product and team are being fulfilled.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develops new software products – design, code, test, package and document new products.
• Maintains existing software products - design, code, test, package and document revisions to existing products.
Analysis, Design and Implementation:
• Provides input and feedback during the design, planning, implementation and testing phases of assigned product development projects.
Project Management and Development:
• Works with the project lead and project team to plan, estimate, schedule and implement development project tasks.
• Reports development project status in accordance with project plans.
• Participates in the review of all product documentation and training materials.
• Participates in the general release product turnover meetings.
• Participates in the planning of and execution of on-site customer testing.
• Participates in the rollout of services and software.
• Prepares software for distribution.
• Provides support for customers, customer partners, and early release partners including workarounds, troubleshooting, bug fixes.
• Serves as backup for product support as needed.
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring and training of new software development team members.
• Participates in team member survey programs.
• Develops additional skills / knowledge through training and education.
• Mentors junior staff.
• Trains other team members on Precisely products.
• Participates in training teams.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Strong experience in Microservices is required.
• Strong experience in REST APIs is required.
• Strong experience in Angular 2+ is preferred.
• Expertise in Azure, AWS cloud services preferred.
• Ability to identify and document problems and clearly communicate their resolution.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.