Senior Staff Accountant
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
This is a remote opportunity located in the US - Eastern Standard Time preferred. We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our Finance and Revenue Accounting team. This role will be an individual contributor focusing on global revenue accounting close, audit and various other accounting initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an analytical thinker with the ability to analyze large data sets, juggle multiple deliverables simultaneously.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Play lead role in monthly revenue global accounting close process including preparing journal entries, revenue accruals, account reconciliations and flux analysis.
- Assist with preparing revenue analysis, including revenue related flux comments, revenue deep dive, and revenue related disclosures.
- Perform reconciliation for contract assets and deferred revenue.
- Assist in support of the Company’s external audits (and any quarterly or other interim reviews) for the consolidated company, and several foreign subsidiaries.
- Advise and implement internal controls best practices to drive accuracy and efficiency of month end close process.
- Assist with special projects, process improvements and due diligence process for acquisitions as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Advanced degree preferred.
- Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP and ASC 606, particularly software revenue recognition. Knowledge of IFRS preferred, but not required.
- Licensed CPA, a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive accounting or auditing experience.
- Proficient with ERP systems; NetSuite experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills.
- Ability and readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change.
- Process optimization focused - vision with the ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity.
- High-level of integrity along with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- A strong work ethic, positive “can-do” attitude, hardworking, detail oriented, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player, comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs.