Senior Systems Engineer II_Bengaluru (Hybrid)
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
Precisely’s Product IT Team is looking to add a seasoned Linux and Windows/Azure Systems Engineer. In this role, you will be a key member to the team responsible for the administration and management of our R&D infrastructure working with our India, US and UK engineering and support teams. You should be an individual with focus and possess the skills to multi-task across several projects, be excited and motived to manage a multitude of tasks and work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Administer multiple Active Directory domains, Sites and Services, DNS, Kerberos, Group Policy, DHCP, WSUS.
• Fundamental VMware experience configure/deploy VM resources.
• Manage operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
• Kick start programming with ansible or similar tools.
• Ability to effectively communicate with enterprise storage, network, and backup teams.
• Support systems that conform to architectural guidelines and QA policies and procedures.
• Provide very responsive support for day-to-day requests from product teams, development, support and professional services teams.
• Integrate innovative solutions involving different technologies/products and support the development, testing and acceptance of prototypes and product recommendations.
• Leverage system admin skills for automation, optimization, and operational efficiencies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience is required for this role.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
• Equivalent experience will be accepted in place of the education requirement.
• Expertise in system administration, programming and scripting skills
• Experience installing, administering, and supporting Windows and Linux operating systems in an enterprise environment as well as Azure.
• Networking understanding of Ethernet and TCP/IP, routing, DNS, etc.
• Ansible, PowerShell, Docker experience.
• Familiar with NetVault and QoreStor.
• Moderate understanding of Kubernetes administration.
• Administration of ManageEngine EndPoint Central.