Senior Software Engineer
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
In order to better support the rapidly growing Enterworks customer base, we are forming a L3 support engineering team to improve the velocity of customer issue resolution. The Senior L3 Support Engineer specializing in Backend and SQL Database is responsible for diagnosing and resolving complex technical issues related to the Enterworks product line. Your expertise will be crucial in ensuring the stability, performance, and reliability of our backend and database services. Your expertise in SQL, database architecture, and optimization will be essential in diagnosing and resolving complex problems. You will collaborate closely with customer support, operations, and engineering development teams to troubleshoot intricate problems, and provide solutions to ensure the reliability, performance, and efficiency of backend application and database systems. You will provide mentorship and guidance to junior support engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Work with customer support and directly with customers to investigate and resolve complex technical and database related issues reported by clients or escalated from lower support tiers.
- Analyze application and database to identify root causes of performance bottlenecks, errors, and other issues.
- Utilize deep knowledge of SQL to analyze and optimize queries, stored procedures, and database performance.
- Backend Application and Database Support
- Provide expertise in supporting and troubleshooting Java, GO, SQL, JSP Struts and Angular application.
- Design and implement code fixes to ensure timely delivery of maintenance patches and updates to address customer product defect issues.
- Collaborate with development teams to understand application architecture and assist in resolving coding-related issues.
- Collaborate with database administrators to ensure proper configuration, maintenance, and security of database systems.
- Performance Optimization
- Identify and implement improvements to enhance the performance and scalability of backend applications.
- Lead efforts to optimize database performance, identifying and addressing bottlenecks, and recommending improvements.
- Conduct performance testing and analysis to proactively address potential bottlenecks.
- Incident Management
- Manage and prioritize incidents based on severity and impact, ensuring timely resolution.
- Document troubleshooting steps, resolutions, and create knowledge base articles for recurring issues.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, customer support, operations, and QA, to address and prevent issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand application requirements and optimize database interactions.
- Participate in post-incident reviews and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Mentorship and Training
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior support engineers.
- Conduct training sessions to enhance the team's knowledge of SQL databases and related technologies.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as an L2 or L3 Support Engineer with a specialization in backend application and SQL databases.
- 4-6 years of experience in enterprise Java web-based application development and SQL Server Database
- Expertise in SQL query optimization, database performance tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of Design Patterns & Architectural Patterns and hands on experience to apply them in day-to-day design.
- Experience with troubleshooting tools, profiling, and performance monitoring for Java and GO applications.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certification in database administration (e.g., Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate).
- Familiarity with cloud-based database services (e.g., AWS RDS, Azure SQL Database).
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Bolt DB) is a plus.
- Knowledge of swagger and Junit.
- Experience in Apache Maven and Ant Scripts.
- Experience writing code in the GO, JSP and Angular language.
- Experience in working with multitude of open-source libraries in a complex enterprise product architecture.
- Experience in developing & consuming REST APIs in building scalable, modern web applications.
- Experience in Spring framework and hibernate ORM.
- Certification in Java programming or related technologies.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and containerization (e.g., Docker).
- Scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, Python, Bash) for automation tasks.