Software Engineer, Quality Management
Precisely is the leader in data integrity. We empower businesses to make more confident decisions based on trusted data through a unique combination of software, data enrichment products and strategic services. What does this mean to you? For starters, it means joining a company focused on delivering outstanding innovation and support that helps customers increase revenue, lower costs and reduce risk. In fact, Precisely powers better decisions for more than 12,000 global organizations, including 99 of the Fortune 100. Precisely's 2500 employees are unified by four company core values that are central to who we are and how we operate: Openness, Determination, Individuality, and Collaboration. We are committed to career development for our employees and offer opportunities for growth, learning and building community. With a "work from anywhere" culture, we celebrate diversity in a distributed environment with a presence in 30 countries as well as 20 offices in over 5 continents. Learn more about why it's an exciting time to join Precisely!
Intro and job overview:
As a Software Engineer - Quality Management, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the reliability and accuracy of our GIS Data Products. Your responsibilities will include designing, authoring, and maintaining quality tests and test cases to ensure that our products meet our specifications and business requirements. Working closely with Product Management and Data Development teams, you'll collaborate to develop test specifications with clear, measurable criteria for product satisfaction. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to engage in analytical work, conducting detailed technical analysis of data, product content requirements and prepare documentations. Previous experience in software development, including SQL, will be a valuable asset in this role.
Our technology is built on Amazon Web Services, utilizing massive Elastic Search databases for document and object storage, as well as PostgreSQL Relational Database Service (RDS) instances for more fine-tuned processing. As a programming language we use Kotlin SDK.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and execute test plans and test cases based on product and quality specifications, ensuring they meet or exceed internal, supplier, and customer needs.
- Develop clear and accurate specifications for quality management processes.
- Contribute to test automation efforts, making testing more efficient and effective.
- Collaborate with Product Management to assess the business impact of data quality issues.
- Analyze large datasets using GIS and other database industry software to inform the development of specifications and quality checks.
- Work closely with data development and product management teams to continuously enhance product quality through the specifications and checks process.
- Actively participate in design discussions and prepare documentation, providing valuable insights into product and data design decisions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Passion for GIS: We're looking for someone who loves working with GIS systems, software, and data.
- Testing Expertise: Experience in running and managing tests, including writing test cases, and an interest in test automation.
- SQL knowledge and ability to conduct SQL queries.
- Analytical Thinker: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are key for this role.
- Open-Mindedness: We value creative thinking and flexibility. We're looking for someone who can come up with innovative solutions, embrace feedback, and think outside the box.
- Clear Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are important for collaborating effectively with our team.
- Attention to Detail: We need someone who pays close attention to the little things to ensure quality.
- Independence: Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Software Engineering Experience: Previous experience in software engineering and knowledge of PostGIS, would be a bonus.
- Preparing analysis for business: An interest in data and requirements analysis for business purposes would be advantageous.
- Kotlin Development: Desire to participate in Kotlin Software Development would also be a plus.