Lead Systems Reliability Engineer
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the #1 name in childcare software – used by more than 35,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
Who You Are
At Procare Solutions we are looking for an experienced lead who will work with SRE engineers to build, improve, and support complex systems and services that deliver exceptional results to both internal and external Procare customers. You will be an owner of systems reliability at Procare. You will work across the entire technology organization and partner with other leaders in software development, operations, security, and product management. You will be part of both evolving our current products and platforms and work on our next generation platforms.
Our Ideal Candidate will have…
- Our ideal candidates will be able to:
- Perform as a team lead on important project initiatives and technology objectives.
- Develop and document standards and procedures for SRE initiatives and practices.
- Use previous SRE experience to improve system reliability, scalability, and availability.
- Work on diverse technology and operating systems.
- Participate in incident response and improving the associated processes and tooling.
- Refine and create new service level objectives, error budgets, and meaningful metrics.
- 5+ years’ experience as a lead/senior SRE engineer improving reliability and developing software in a distributed systems architecture
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect, or DevOps Engineer highly desired.
- Exceptional communication skills required, ability to influence people without direct authority.
- Extensive experience with AWS (such as EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway,
- CloudWatch, Code Pipeline/Deploy)
- Experience with CI/CD, build pipelines, source control systems, containers, and infrastructure-ascode (e.g., Docker, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Git)
- Experience with Agile processes in a structured setting required; Scrum and/or Kanban.
- Experience with security and compliance standards such as PCI and SOC as well a data privacy/protection standards a plus
- Experience using data for decision-making related to team and system performance, rely heavily on telemetry and monitoring.
- MS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
$120K to $150K DOE
LocationThis position can be based in our Denver office or fully remote. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on business needs. Candidates must be willing and able to work from our Denver office a few days a week.