Senior Platform Engineer
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the #1 name in childcare software – used by more than 35,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A little about the role…
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building, scaling, securing, and delivering our industry-leading SaaS solution for Child Care Providers. You are an experienced engineer who is capable of breaking down complex problems into actionable tasks and executing those tasks as part of a team of DevOps, Security, Database, and Application engineers. You're familiar working at various levels of the stack, but you primarily focus on designing and building scalable systems. Your focus is on the platform; but, you're capable of rolling up your sleeves and writing application code to help achieve platform objectives. You like a good challenge, and enjoy working with a team of contributors to overcome whatever comes our way. You have experience working in a structured agile environment.
What You'll Do
- Support product development teams by building out application infrastructure that supports the Product Roadmap and Technology Roadmap objectives.
- Write and refactor application code, IaC templates, greenfield applications, maintain technical documentation, and support the overall health of the platform
- Automate and improve development, build, testing, and release processes to help meet our DORA metrics goals.
- Enhance application performance by writing, refactoring, and improving application code.
- Collaborate with Security & Compliance and IT Infrastructure teams to ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Assist our SRE in: Monitor platform operations and ensure there is 24/7 coverage for the platform through extensive monitoring systems and on-call rotations.
- Participate in and support our evolving adoption of an Agile workflow environment
- Participate in ITIL-based incident/problem/change management processes for the platform.
- Participate in Application Architecture reviews.
Our Ideal Candidate will have…
- 4+ years experience with AWS technologies, specifically: EC2, S3, Aurora, EKS, CloudFormation, Route 53, IAM, MSK, CodePipeline, and Amplify.
- 4+ years experience with containers and orchestration technologies, ideally Kubernetes.
- 4+ years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience with Sidekiq.
- Experience with Kafka or a similar event stream platform.
- Experience with IaC such as CloudFormation and Terraform, preferably Terraform.
- Experience with monitoring systems – CloudWatch, New Relic, DPA, etc.
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS solution development and management.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and the Atlassian suite overall.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
$160K - $180K DOE
LocationThis position can be based in our Denver office or fully remote.