Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the #1 name in childcare software – used by more than 35,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A little about the role…
This opportunity sits within Sales, with a dotted line to Marketing. The Proposal Writer will work in a team environment writing, editing, proofreading, and responding to multi-product proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI) in response to client requests for Childcare Management Software including functionality specific to payment processing, parent communications and the flow of data to and from a center. This role works within stringent time frames to meet proposal deadlines and must ensure the best-in-class response is complete, accurate, compliant to proposal requirements, and well organized. This position involves significant interaction with sales specialists and a wide variety of internal subject matter experts, in addition to engaging with Product regularly to stay up to date with product functionality and upcoming releases. The position requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Who You Are
You are someone that enjoys writing and organizing. You enjoy and can organize large amounts of content and can rephrase or newly write technical product and service descriptions. You know that the best way to be a Proposal Writer is to partner with every department to collect, organize, summarize, and distill content into a cohesive story with a singular, honest, and compelling voice.
What you will do
- Read incoming requests for proposals and contribute to win theme discussions
- Participate in kick-off meetings, strategy sessions and proposal project planning
- Lead the writing process end to end, planning and coordinating all proposal activities in order to prepare compliant, winning responses
- Establish project schedule, key milestones, and deliverables to ensure all projects are completed on time
- Develop strategic responses with the appropriate tone and solution, in collaboration with product sales specialists, relationship managers and the deal team at large
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and proposal contributors to articulate complex facets of products and services
- Review and edit RFP responses created by SMEs and stakeholders from various internal teams
- Ensure responses follow brand style and tone guidelines as well as coach SMEs as needed Efficiently manage multiple, overlapping projects and deadlines and coordinate the flow of information from various department contributors to ensure adherence to deadlines Ensure proper and consistent messaging by proofing, editing, and rewriting all sections of the document as required Escalate potential issues in a timely fashion, as needed
- Assist with proposal knowledge management and retention of content for future use
- Assist Product Marketing with content creation related to state initiatives, Shared Services, and fed and state funding requirements for early childhood
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; coursework in marketing or product development a plus
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Must have demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Must have demonstrated effective project management experience
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraint
- Superior written and oral communication and grammatical skills
- Communications or business writing experience preferred
- Strong research and problem-solving skills coupled with a collaborative attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively partner with various internal functional areas
- Experience with Early Childhood Education a plus
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
LocationThis position is based in our Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on business needs. Candidates must be willing and able to work from our Denver office a few days a week.