Senior Director, Compliance and Risk
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service.
Procare Solutions is the #1 name in childcare software – used by more than 35,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices.
We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A little about the role…
The Director, Payments Programs & Initiatives is responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, executing, and overseeing all Compliance, Underwriting, Boarding and Risk Mitigation activities for. The role will ensure continued development and maintenance of a strong risk framework to effectively manage risk, comply with mandates, and apply industry best practices in all functions. The Director, Payments Compliance & Risk will help drive process and system improvements to meet the current and future needs of the organization. This role will be responsible for managing and supervising personnel.
What you will do
- Development and implementation framework for identifying and tracking legal & regulatory requirements/obligations, policies and procedures, and related internal controls.
- Develop and enforce all risk and compliance policies (i.e. Credit, AML, Risk Monitoring, other)
- Develop risk assessment related to regulatory requirements and compliance related key business risks including assessing requirements for any new regions as we expand globally
- Evaluate, enhance, develop and/or implement company policies according to regional regulations.
- Design and implement control systems to assess, manage, and mitigate violations of legal rules and internal policies.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging industry trends and technologies in compliance and risk management.
- Build, develop, mentor, manage and retain high performing team members in support of onboarding, underwriting and risk management functions.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes or workflows that improve efficiencies and streamline organizational processes.
- Communicate and educate the sales organization and other business units regarding the implementation and coordination of risk mitigating strategies.
- Interact with sales associates, relationship managers, partners, and clients, providing first class service. Collaborate cross functionally to help grow portfolio while mitigating risks.
- Ensure a balanced risk review approach consistent with company objectives.
- Manage and execute all facets of internal and external audits for systems and operations that support Tuition Express onboarding and payments.
- Report on relevant operating and portfolio metrics and retain knowledge of same.
- Identify and research trends or patterns in the platform and merchant book of business and report on trends or metrics that fall outside the company’s risk tolerance.
- Ensure merchants and platforms in portfolio remain in compliance with Card Brand rules, Regulatory Rules, and Sponsor Bank rules.
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend effective improvements.
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Other duties, projects, and tasks, as assigned on an ongoing basis.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 8-10 years of experience within a Compliance, Underwriting or Risk functions or leading Merchant Operations.
- Previous supervisory or lead role experience within an Underwriting, Risk Management and / or Compliance role.
- Merchant operations highly preferred
- Able to apply compliance credit and risk principles toward business objectives.
- Strong understanding of commercial and consumer lending principles.
- Strong understanding and dissemination of financial statements.
- Strong understanding of bureau information, score calculation, score attributes and validations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Client service mentality.
- Superior analytical abilities.
- Detail oriented and reliable-must be able to take instruction but function independently.
- High level of organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace and meet deadlines.
- Experience communicating with management teams at all levels.
- Initiative and creativity with a passion to deliver results.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. finance, accounting, economics) preferred.
- Merchant Services or Payment industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Visa/Master Card rules and regulations preferred.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- RTD EcoPass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career paths
$130K to $180K
This position can based in our Denver office or fully remote.