Senior Software Engineer
ChildPlus is the original and most widely used Head Start data management system. ChildPlus Software, a Procare Solutions company, has been focused on making the best Head Start software available since 1985, offering top-notch support and multiple training options with a dedication that can't be beat. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, ChildPlus Software’s goal is to simplify the day-to-day challenges of Head Start and early education operations with outstanding software, service, and support.
A Little About the Role
ChildPlus Software is currently hiring Full-Stack Software Engineers to build out our next-generation Head Start management software platform. As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you will create and support enterprise software solutions for both our new Angular platform and our legacy WinForms platform. This role will maintain and develop existing SaaS products with enterprise customers. To best serve our customers, we must be a world-class organization employing best practices for engineering and operations. Our software team uses 2-week sprints, with a retrospective at the end of each sprint and a 10-minute daily call to review progress and help clear any blocks.
ChildPlus Online Platform
- Angular 14 Front-end (Typescript, SCSS, and HTML5)
- ASP.NET Core Server (C#)
- Microsoft SQL Server with Entity Framework
- XtraReports Reporting Engine
Legacy ChildPlus Desktop Platform
- .NET WinForms Front-end (C#)
- ASP.NET Server (C#)
- Microsoft SQL Server with T-SQL
- XtraReports Reporting Engine
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with our design department to balance the function and form of new features. - Maintain and improve existing codebase.
- Perform in-depth analysis of task specifications, as well as assist in task grooming sessions which identify new specifications.
- Review, suggest, and implement improvements for all application areas.
- Refactor legacy applications to current generation standards using pragmatic approach.
- Communicate directly with internal business customers and partners, gather requirements, and provide project status updates.
- Test programs and work closely with quality assurance teams.
- Troubleshoot and support application deployments.
- Ensure quality through adherence to industry coding standards and best practices
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field or related experience
- 6+ years of experience with C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft Entity Framework
- Extensive experience writing SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server or similar relational database
- Experience working in version control software such as Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of build tools like NPM
- Experience with asynchronous REST API data calls and observables in Angular
- Experience with RxJS Observables and the NgRx Redux pattern
- Any experience with Kafka would be beneficial
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/month
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year and continued Professional Development
- Free access to our Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 live support
- Casual workplace environment
- Some meals provided
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within- excellent career pathing
This position is based in our Atlanta, GA office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs.