Head of Program Management Office (PMO)
Business Unit:Global Sourcing & Corporate Services
The Head of our Program Management Office (PMO) has responsibility for establishing and running the Program Management Office with the objective of building a multi-year project roadmap approved and prioritized by the Executive Committee. This role will successfully execute the roadmap, ensuring all projects and programs are delivered using a standard, fit for purpose set of best practices, project and program management methodologies, and tools within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality. You will also ensure the project management team has the correct resources, processes, and training in place so all relevant staff are equipped to deliver successfully. Strong project or program management and excellent organizational skills are fundamental, as is the ability to collaborate with people at all levels of the organization. Further, this role will proactively identify any resource challenges on a regular basis and will resolve the resource challenges and/or make recommendations to the EC on how to best proceed. You are expected to provide strong leadership in a matrix environment to ensure successful delivery.
A successful Head of Program Management Office will develop, drive and manage the multi-year roadmap and portfolio of organizational projects – whether individual or as a series of related efforts in a program - providing expert knowledge and support, and monitoring progress and reporting on the portfolio status against strategic goals and objectives. You will create standardization around the development, introduction and on-going iteration of work effort delivery. This role must be a change agent across the firm and remove roadblocks at various levels and drive progress to a more tech enabled organization. You will develop and leverage a common set of technology platforms across the team to track projects, resourcing, and provide dashboards and other timely, complete, and accurate data to support decision making. This role reports directly to the Managing Director, Head of Corporate Services and will have 4-6 direct reports as well as oversight of third parties on a periodic basis.
Salary Range: $170,000 to $200,000
Specific compensation will be based on candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes an annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria) in addition to participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs.
Manage the day-to-day activities in the Program Management Office (PMO):
- Reviews project plans and monitors performance to ensure that deliverables meet project specifications.
- Identifies project staffing and resource requirements
- Organizes project teams to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives
- Gains approval, and consensus from internal clients on project specifications
- Ensure monitoring of progress against all projects is timely and accurate and enables project owners and stakeholders have visibility and sufficient information to make the required decisions
- Create an environment that drives tech-enabled integration, innovation and change across business units while managing the associated risks
- Executes strategic vision with focus and pragmatism
- Create a culture of innovation and responsiveness to the business and for the business
- Maintain a successful relationship with business leaders across Russell
- Lead and facilitate the development of a service and success-oriented culture that strives for continuous improvement.
- Assess the current organizational structure and evaluate and redesign the team as needed to best align capabilities with anticipated outcomes.
- Manage the PMO team and provides performance feedback and goal-setting; conducts annual performance assessments and skill development and training.
The position requires a well-rounded professional with significant experience at a senior level in a PMO function.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of delivering programs that achieve positive, measurable results. The successful candidate will be an excellent leader with the ability to lead, manage and mentor diverse teams. Specifically, the ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics and experience:
- Relevant industry experience, ideally in a firm with a major global footprint
- Strong global business acumen skills
- Track record of driving change in a diverse financial services firm with a focus on delivering results to the business
- Expertise in managing a range of project types and complex business initiatives and change programs
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 12-15 years project, management and leadership experience strongly preferred
- Experience in resource planning against the prioritized portfolio of projects and ability to work with the PMO and business to manage project resource needs.
- Experience in leading high performing teams including matrix project teams with the maintenance of respect and enthusiasm.
- Ability to influence and manage cross-functional stakeholders with conflicting needs
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills combined with high personal integrity
The ideal candidate will have a style that is engaging and open, capable of working hard under significant pressure and will be expected to add measurable value to the leadership team.
In addition, the candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Results-oriented with the ability to effectively resolve/manage problems and competing priorities
- The ability to build trust with others through commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Demonstrated record of confident leadership, sound judgment, creativity and commitment to achieving excellence
- Inspires others; Skilled at getting individuals and teams to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, and the ability to successfully multi-task
- Bandwidth, energy and passion to support a global organization across multiple geographies
- Excellence in communication skills and organizational savvy
- An ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships at all levels both within and outside the firm, characterized by mutual respect, openness, and trust
- A self-starter, self motivated, self disciplined, self assured, and performance driven
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills. Good business judgment and problem solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.