Regional Director (Massachusetts)
Business Unit:North America Advisor & Intermediary Solutions
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Sales team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
The Regional Director (RD) is responsible for leading a regional sales team and delivering sales results using Russell Investments products and business solution programs.
Salary Range: $75,000 -$90,000
Specific compensation will be based on candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs. In addition, the successful candidate for this role has the ability to earn sales incentives based on activity, revenue, cashflow generation, or other performance criteria.
The primary purpose of this position is to work effectively with our high potential financial intermediaries in acquiring new Russell clients who are positioned to utilize Russell as part of their investment portfolios. The RD will assist a select group of financial professionals to provide more leverage and scale in their practice, by utilizing Russell's products and practice management assistance. Prefer candidates located in the Boston Metro area.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the investment industry.
- Establish strong relationships with key Center of Influences within the region as a way to gather regional insight, build advocacy and develop advisor leads that are best suited to drive cash flow with Russell Investments
- Develop new relationships with Advisors and service needs of existing clients by maintaining regular contact with them in one-on-one meetings, branch presentations, telephone, e-mail, virtual meetings and conference calls.
- Assist in identifying all opportunities to sell and promote Russell Investments products at the broker/dealer firm level within a sales territory.
- Deliver a high level of practice management advice to advisors through the Russell Advisory Services Group.
- Provide leadership to team members and support Russell Associates with access to Advisors and branches. Working closely with the other wholesalers, inside sales associates and coordinators to ensure that all Advisors are receiving appropriate coverage through execution of the Territory Plan, regular team meetings to review progress and constant review of the Advisor database.
- Achieve and exceed Gross and Net Sales targets as established by National Sales Manager.
- Prospect and develop new Advisor relationships.
- Increase support among existing Advisors.
- Establish a consultative approach to sales.
- Provide leadership within the regional sales team to meet service needs of advisors.
- Follow up as promised with accurate professional quality information.
- Establish deep relationships based on trust.
- Provide effective updates, including performance and management information.
- Have an understanding of the platforms that our various clients utilize, to offer our products.
- Mentor sales team members to help promote their growth within the organization.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Position must reside in the sales territory (MA)
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Marketing, or related area.
- Series 7/63 required; Series 65 may be completed after hire.
- CSC and CFP or CFA or CIMA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry with at least 5 years of successful sales experience in the investment management marketplace.
- Experience working with investment advisors with a strong understanding of the investor and advisor behaviors.
- Advanced Consultative performance selling skills.
- Knowledge of the advisor community is essential.
- Working knowledge of Russell Investments' business and Wealth Management strategies.
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to direct regional sales teams.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Possess adequate technical skills to efficiently manage the territory using technological tools.
- Superior time management skills, and ability to properly manage priorities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.