Senior Investment Analyst- New York or Seattle
Business Unit:North America Institutional
The purpose of this position is to provide relationship management and service delivery for an assigned set of institutional investment management and consulting clients by partnering with senior members of Americas Institutional relationship management team. The Investment Analyst is the primary in-office point of contact for clients and works closely with the assigned client executives and consultants to ensure a high level of client support. The position is responsible to ensure client deliverables are timely, provided with high quality, and meet client expectations. This position will be located in New York or Seattle.
Investment Analyst - $70,750 - $87,000
Senior Investment Analyst - $87,500 - $130,000
Specific compensation will be based on candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes an annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria) in addition to participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs.
- Provides front line contact for on-demand client calls and inquiries.
- Identifies and prioritizes critical client requests and needs.
- Partners with senior team members (Senior Client Executives and Senior Consultants) as a back-up for client accounts which includes direct client interaction via in-person meetings, email and telephone.
- Conduct and participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Manage and coordinate quarterly investment reviews, presentations, and client communication materials.
- Ensure accurate and high-quality deliverables
- Monitor and assist internal partners with critical client deliverables including:
- comprehensive investment policy review and development
- investment implementation/rebalancing
- manager evaluation,
- performance reporting and evaluation
- asset allocation/asset liability work and verbal and written communication to clients pertaining to fund information or other client requests, projects or needs.
- Research and communicate client manager performance and key drivers of their investment process, including rationale of Russell's rankings. Collaborate with Senior Consultants, Russell's manager research, and clients to facilitate manager replacement searches.
- Coordinate design and creation of customized analysis and responses to ad-hoc client and consultant inquiries.
- SENIOR ANALYST ONLY - Americas Institutional relationship manager for limited number of assigned clients. Accountable for client retention and net revenue of assigned clients. Maintain client's long-term strategic allocation and provide strategic/tactical advice in conjunction with applicable client types. Attend client meetings and events. Expected coverage scope - 3 to 5 clients with total AUM responsibility of ~$100m and no more than $1m in net revenue.
- Demonstrated and applied investment related experience such as market/economic impacts, investment analysis, or other related financial area. (2 Years)
- Institutional investment management experience in client service, consulting, or portfolio management (2 Years)
- Working knowledge of asset allocation theory, modeling, and performance measurement (2 Years)
- Demonstrated client relationship ability (2 Years)
- Technology skills: MS Excel, PowerPoint and database capability (2 Years)
Senior Investment Analyst
- Demonstrated and applied investment related experience such as market/economic impacts, investment analysis, or other related financial area. (5 Years)
- Institutional investment management experience in client service, consulting, or portfolio management (5 Years)
- Working knowledge of asset allocation theory, modeling, and performance measurement (5 Years)
- Demonstrated client relationship ability (3 Years)
- Technology skills: MS Excel, PowerPoint and database capability (5 Years)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.