DevOps Engineer II
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Director, DevOps
Shift:US/Seattle (8:30 pm - 5:30 am IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Information Technology Applications team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
The DevOps Engineer role in Global Technology is a motivated coder/hacker/engineer who strives to solve problems with elegant and maintainable automated solutions. To be successful in the role, the person must have a deep passion for automation and troubleshooting, be able to work towards our automation goals in a self-directed manner, strive at learning and embracing new technologies, and be able to educate teammates about each of these areas.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Technical Skills and DevOps Expertise
- Collaborate with Production Support, DevOps, Application Delivery, and Infrastructure Teams to develop and maintain best practice software delivery standards and to solve problems pertaining to operation, maintenance, and eliminating performance bottlenecks.
- Have an excellent self-driven ability to study products and technologies.
- Participate in architecture design and improving the efficiency of Russell software delivery lifecycle.
- Root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Create and maintain quality documentation.
Communication and Collaboration
- Respond during off hours outages and escalations related to the software delivery pipeline and related applications / processes, as necessary.
- Assist development teams in containerizing and streamlining existing and new applications.
- Work with the senior members of the DevOps team, learning how to build out, upgrade, and improve all components of our software delivery pipeline using scalable approaches.
Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Russell Investments Core Competencies
- Ability to communicate clearly and build trusted relationships with others.
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm.
- Ensure the (external or internal) client’s perspective is a driving force behind their decisions and actions.
- Ability to be a collaborative team player. Able to interact well with all levels of internal and external personnel and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Demonstrate personal initiative to meet personal and professional goals
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work or education-related experience required. Advanced degree or equivalent preferred.
- Ideally having strong experience with:
- Chef, Splunk, GitLab, Octopus, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker, Nagios, AppDynamics, Ansible
- Advanced scripting ability:
- PowerShell, Python, Bash
- Basic understanding and competency with:
- C#, .NET, Python
- Experience in a DevOps or SRE role.
- Experience writing and supporting CI/CD systems.
- Good understanding of object-oriented development.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or related RDBMS systems in an advanced capacity.
- Experience with event management solutions such as Splunk or ELK stack.
- Experience with key-value systems such as Redis and experience with queue systems such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience in working with Microservice architectures and RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies required.
- Financial services experience would be an asset.