HR Operations Specialist
Business Unit:Global Human Resources
Reporting To:Head of Human Resources, India
Shift:India (10:00 am - 7:00 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
The India HR team operates in a highly collaborative manner with a focus on accurate, timely and professional support to the business across a wide range of HR and employee engagement related activities. We have an exciting opportunity for a self-starting, proactive and resilient individual to support HR Operations reporting into the Head – Human Resources, India, and working closely with our global HR Operations team which is based in Seattle.
This key role will help to create an awesome associate experience, providing support to the HR team, managers and associates in all people practices. Providing seamless HR operational and administrative support throughout the associate life cycle, the HR Operations Specialist is the key point of contact in relation to HR operations and payroll support and is required to demonstrate effective judgement, discretion, integrity and approachability so that HR continues to be a key part of business activities.
HR Transactional/Operational Support
Providing proactive support as the first point of contact for associate enquiries:
- Responding to associate inquiries regarding HR online tools, policies and procedures, benefits, and payroll, providing interpretation of policies and guidance on non-complex HR practices.
- Ensuring all employees receive accurate answers to queries within a reasonable time frame. This may require escalating to appropriate functional area or HR leadership.
Performing and coordinating administrative and transactional HR tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This specifically includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing, standardizing and strengthening associate life-cycle processes such as onboarding, background verification, leave management, payroll and labor compliances (viz. Local Shops and Establishment Act, EPF, ESIC, and all such applicable Acts).
- Managing associate data:
- Maintaining associate files and records (including Workday) in line with business and legislative requirements.
- Collaborating with our global HR team (including our HR systems team) to ensure our data is up to date and in line with global reporting requirements.
- Driving 100% accuracy, timeliness, and completeness of employee data updates, payroll and labor compliance.
- Proactively auditing HR, payroll and labor compliance policies, processes and data and ensure audit readiness at all times.
- Establishing and managing a robust reporting framework to ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting to relevant business and HR stakeholders through the global HRIS (Workday).
- Supporting our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers with recruitment and associate onboarding:
- Preparing associate employment contracts and change of conditions as required (including assistance in creating templates).
- Coordinating onboarding arrangements for new joiners starting from the offer stage, including applicable background checks and ensuring that we meet our compliance obligations.
- Developing, updating and delivering HR induction materials to new joiners, and partnering proactively with other teams (e.g. compliance) to ensure that the overall associate induction program meets Firm needs that change from time-to-time.
- Managing associate life-cycle activities.
- Managing Workday processes related to onboarding, offboarding and associate data changes.
- Completing all standard Workday reporting including liaising with Finance to ensure headcount is correctly assigned. This also includes specific headcount reports for external vendors (e.g. business-related RFPs, compliance, benefit providers etc).
- Assisting with coordinating annual salary and performance review processes, to fit within regional and global HR requirements. This includes meeting scheduling and coordination and data capture/management.
- Building strong relationships and partnerships across the global HR functions (Business Partners, Data & Analytics, Recruiting, Payroll, Rewards, etc.) and other internal partners.
- Participating in regular operational review meetings and proactively identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement.
- Ensuring processes are compliant with all HR policies, procedures, and data privacy requirements, as may be applicable.
- Preparing HR presentations and communications.
- Handling India vendor contracts (benefits, labor compliance, background check and all other HR related vendors), and assisting with contract renewals.
Assisting with monthly payroll and related processes.
- Providing monthly payroll changes data and relevant supporting documents to the APAC Payroll Manager.
- Maintaining associate data and compiling reports and data as required.
- Liaising with finance to ensure that salaries are paid on time each month.
- Identifying process improvements and implementing these changes.
Contribution to the Execution of India and Global HR Strategy
- Collaborating proactively with the global HR team through effective communication and active involvement in projects.
- Focusing on continuous improvement of processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and regional/global consistency, including the automation of tasks and effective use of Workday.
- Participation and support on ad-hoc and planned projects
- 2-4 years’ experience supporting HR operations (including payroll and labor compliance), ideally within a multinational and/or financial services institution.
- High levels of initiative, accountability and a proactive mindset.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while providing strong internal and external client service and maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to execute operational excellence initiatives with a commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Comfort working with stakeholders and management (global leadership in the US, regional leadership in various countries including India) and the ability to respond to needs in a timely fashion.
- Strong written and oral communication
- High levels of discretion with confidential information, and the ability to handle situations in a professional manner.
- Able to work both independently (with moderate to minimal supervision) and within a matrix team.
- Strong MS Office proficiency and working knowledge of Workday would be good to have.