Business Unit:Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit
The Compliance Officer is responsible for assisting in the documentation and execution of the compliance program for Russell Investments’ U.S. registered investment advisers and U.S. registered investment companies. This position will take the lead in the documentation and management of board reporting to the various boards the U.S. Compliance team is reporting to. These funds may be internal or external to the Russell fund family and span mutual funds, ERISA funds and private funds. Additionally, this position will play a role in vendor oversight and testing of fund and service provider policies and procedures. The compliance team serves as a robust independent second line of defense to help ensure that the firm operates within regulatory requirements and industry practices, and this is a supporting position within the compliance team.
The role will be in Seattle.
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
Specific compensation will be based on candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes an annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria) in addition to participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs.
- Documentation of quarterly board reporting on compliance programs for funds RI manages and has compliance responsibility for.
- Assist in the documentation of compliance responses in annual contract renewal.
- Coordinate due diligence projects for new fund clients.
- Assist in the review, documentation and testing of policies and procedures under the various compliance programs.
- Assist in the oversight of money manager firms hired to manage or assist in the management of funds. This will include reviews of money manager procedures, reviews of periodic questionnaires in the DiligenceVault system.
- Assist in the administration of the DiligenceVault system. Maintaining contact accuracy, managing changes, initiating questionnaires, reporting.
- Assists in responding to various regulatory inquiries and or examinations.
- Prepare documentation and minutes for internal governance committees managed by Compliance, including the RIFUS Disclosure Controls and Procedures Committee, internal service provider review sessions.
- Assist in issue documentation and reporting under internal risk management controls.
- Build and maintain relationships within the compliance team as well as across the organization. These relationships will be key in accomplishing testing and reporting responsibilities for the compliance programs.
- Knowledge regarding investment adviser and U.S. mutual fund compliance and investment operations.
- A strong educational background including an undergraduate degree or relevant experience; requires 3-5 years of relevant experience working in compliance, risk management, or operational risk related role.
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.